[resource-net] reSource Chats: Networking Berlin's transmedial culture

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at transmediale.de
Thu Sep 12 12:26:12 CEST 2013

Dear all,

the reSource Chats are online!
http://www.transmediale.de/resource/chats

As many of you know, after transmediale 2012 in/compatible I started
investigating the perception of various cultural producers, artists and
curators on the newborn reSource project, and the transmediale festival
in general.

The aim was to document considerations and thoughts of people active
within the cultural producer scene of Berlin, and the implications of
their activity in terms of culture politics and networking models.
I conducted ten interviews (named reSource Chats) - following a "montage
method" bringing together projects that cover a wide range of practices:
from radio stations to exhibition spaces, from music venues to queer
parties, from independent cinema projects to open source cultural spaces.

The people interviewed were: Christian de Lutz (Art Laboratory Berlin),
Florian Wuest (Haben und Brauchen), Gregor Hotz (Ausland), Diana
McCarty/Pit Schultz (Reboot.fm), Dr. Podinski (Citizen Kino), Ela Kagel
(SUPERMARKT), John McKiernan, Kai Kreuzmüller and Daniel Franke (LEAP),
Francesco Warbear Macarone Palmieri (Gegen), Erika Siekstelyte (Panke
e.V.), Allegra Solitude (Liebig12).

Online you find the full version of the interviews, and offline - in the
new transmediale magazine presented today at reSource 006 - a creative
montage of them, combined in three imaginative chats.

Today, at 16.00 at Kunstraum Kreuzberg /Bethanien, we are going to share
this project with the public, and to discuss on the Berlin independent
scene of cultural production with some of the people mentioned above.
The debate is anticipated by a screening of the short movie "Art
Accounts Deutsche Bank" by Carsten Lisecki, and followed by the
presentation of the new functional Android Mobile Phone application of
the reSource network by John Wild.

After a recruitment for the new Telekommunisten project "Number
Station", we will conclude with a small party to launch the new
transmediale magazine, available at the venue.
You are all welcome!

Please check also the reSource 006 programme for the next days:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/resource-006-overflow

See you soon!

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // programme curator
reSource transmedial culture berlin // http://www.transmediale.de/resource

transmediale | festival for art and digital culture berlin
Klosterstr. 68 10179 Berlin, Germany | fon +49 30 24749 761 | fax +49 30
24749 763
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Heller | Geschäftsführer Moritz van Dülmen