[resource-net] For reSource 006: an XLterrestrials intro for Open Debate...

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at transmediale.de
Thu Sep 12 12:54:26 CEST 2013

Dear Pod,

thanks for your input, which I hope will be also discussed today.
I would like to mention to you and to the others that the audio of the
pre-Vorspiel meeting has been uploaded, together with the minutes
related to the group discussion we had a c-base:

http://www.transmediale.de/content/resource-community-starts-planning-the-next-pre-festival-programme

We centered the meetings on developing some questions related to the
festival themes because we wanted to start discussing on contents, and
from those, develop some common questions that would interested everyone
- and be an input to develop a networking synergy of events for the
upcoming Vorspiel.

Of course we really hope people will go beyond the festivals in such
occasion, and also in the next meeting we will have in October at
Podewil (please, read the post linked above for details). But of course
the propositions of events and synergies is up to all the spaces
involved, the festival will work mainly as a connector and a visibility
platform - but the ideas for the events are freely up to all of you.

> I've seen Transmediale often as a strong mix of playful arts along with
> intellectual + social engagement,  but what it - and festivals - rarely do
> is get involved with the year-round issues and on-the-ground struggles of
> the city to which it belongs. On a local community-scale interactions (
> i.e. beyond the net, beyond the fest, beyond the arts).

I think we have tried to solve the gap by producing the reSouce
chats/interviews, and by providing context of discussions related to
such issues in all the events of the reSource for almost two years now.
Today the discussion at Bethanien is mainly centered on such issues, not
just on the condition of being hybrid and trans-genre, so I hope that we
will have a nice sharing an atmosphere by discussing on this. And I
really hope that the chats will help in highlighting important
problematic, which have been at the core of our reSource network
discussions during our monthly meetings.

However, I also believe that more than this can be done - and should be
done!
But it should be a common effort, going beyond the dichotomy festival /
independent scene, otherwise my feeling is that we are stating over and
over in the process, and all the effort the reSource is doing is not
really taken as common advantage.
I hope it is clear we are all together in such condition of cultural
precarity and we are all struggling in finding new answers and occasions
to collectively empower what we do.
To build up a network that works is a slow process, and hopefully the
results will come in the future - for me they are already coming,
otherwise we would not be discussing together in this list and meet often :)

Thank you for your input and see you later!

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // programme curator
reSource transmedial culture berlin // http://www.transmediale.de/resource

transmediale | festival for art and digital culture berlin
Klosterstr. 68 10179 Berlin, Germany | fon +49 30 24749 761 | fax +49 30
24749 763
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Heller | Geschäftsführer Moritz van Dülmen