[resource-net] Next Roundtable + technology issue

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at transmediale.de
Wed Nov 7 11:39:09 CET 2012

Hi,

it is great to see that the discussion is developing so lively, it looks
great!
Unfortunately I will be out of town for a conference from 11 to 16
December, so I won't be able to attend the next meeting. However, we can
use this list as a platform to develop the initiative, and to
communicate it to the people that won't be there.

About the question on technology: I am not sure actually "technology"
should be the main thing is connecting everybody. I agree with Chris
that of course we cannot open exponentially the group, but I also think
that maybe the discourse of creating a network among people that share
the same "attitude" towards art (and technology) is more relevant. My
background is coming from the hacker culture, and even if we know that
hackers are of course the ones using technology deeply and consciously,
among the community we always said that you can be a hacker even if you
have never used a computer. What we all shared was a common
understanding of politics, culture, art and of course technology, but
most of all a common way to deal with the "status quo".

I believe that if somebody enters into a network is because there is
already something to share, and this is what makes the network alive. I
would not easily go into a network of people working on quantum physic,
and I believe that the people around the reSource list are already
sharing something specific. So I wonder if we really need to say that
what bring us all together is technology only. I would actually say,
that it is technology AND something else (maybe network culture, DIY, a
certain libertarian - which is not liberal! - attitude towards culture
and politics, etc).

About the names, I like very much the idea of Diana, since she opens it
up to a variety of practices:

NICE BERLIN
Network Internet Culture Exchange - Berlin

and it is very funny, too

Best!

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // programme curator
reSource transmedial culture berlin // http://www.transmediale.de/resource

transmediale | festival for art and digital culture berlin
Klosterstr. 68 10179 Berlin, Germany | fon +49 30 24749 761 | fax +49 30
24749 763
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Heller | Geschäftsführer Moritz van Dülmen