[resource-net] Next Roundtable + technology issue

podinski pod at xlterrestrials.org
Wed Nov 7 15:07:13 CET 2012

Hi tati et al,

I also wanted to respond
re: the technology question...

>the discourse of creating a network among people that share
> the same "attitude" towards art (and technology) is more relevant.

this sounds a lot more like where the crucial intersections + common
territory lie...

I would go much further and say the arts which are not tactically +
socially engaged are becoming less and less relevant to ( the survival of
) the human species... and our very challenging situations.

And there is quite a growing abundance of consumer + corporate-driven tech
art that is growing exponentially like an evil fungus, and it may be good
to differentiate ourselves from it.

i started yesterday to write:

If someone uses a pencil to draw a plan for a bicycle-powered cell-phone
charger after a hurricane ... this will ultimately deserve more space in a
21st Century Art context than say, an i-Phone Musical.

or something like that.

on names...

i kind of like AtØm (Hub)...

... still hunting if there's something that may contain this inspiring and
fiesty 'attitude' of which we speak...

gruesse!
p.