[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 31 Oct - 6 November

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:21:19 CET 2016

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2fd41afe2a&e=492cc49626>
*This week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Monday 31 Oct: Creative VR #2 <#m_522666375313900967_monday>
   - Tuesday 1 Nov: MadeByUs #11 <#m_522666375313900967_tuesday>
   - Wednesday 2 Nov: Adam Basanta / Alois Yang #220
   <#m_522666375313900967_wednesday>
   - Thursday 3 Nov: Konrad Korabiewski & friends #221
   <#m_522666375313900967_thursday>
   - Friday 4 Nov: Monoiz, Gabriela Prochazka & Vida Vojic #222
   <#m_522666375313900967_friday>
   - Saturday 5 Nov: Sound Anatomy VIII: Casey Moir, Richard Scott & Alex
   Nowitz <#m_522666375313900967_workshop>
   - Sunday 6 Nov: SPEKTRUM Communities present-. We Make It #3
   <#m_522666375313900967_sunday>

*Exhibition #7: Behavioural Machines*

   - From 18-20 November: read more <#m_522666375313900967_exh>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d77dc6b562&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=808ed5710c&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=106ffe4991&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=366a405b93&e=492cc49626>
Monday 31 Oct: Creative VR #2

*Community meeting*
Start time 19:30

2nd meetup in a series on artistic/creative virtual reality projects. We
wanna connect artists with different backgrounds to push VR as a new medium
and discuss the experiences people develop in VR.

   - TALK 1 : VR for Design and Art by Miguelangelo Rosario (
   http://mr-cyberdelics.club
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f3be3b946a&e=492cc49626>
   )
   - TALK 2 : VR Experiments in Perception by Tore Knabe (
   http://tore-knabe.com
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a09687f04d&e=492cc49626>
   )
   - TALK 3 : VR & Neuroscience by Jessica Palmer (http://www.truekvlt.com
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=030a8d7458&e=492cc49626>
   )

Since its a halloween you can come in a costume but not necessarily - bring
candies :)  Please RSVP on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ace3f55454&e=492cc49626>
if
you want to join.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f2a142c353&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ef8586dee0&e=492cc49626>
Tue 1 Nov: MadeByUs #11
*Community meeting*
Start time: 19:00

Huzzah, it's the 11th meeting of MadeByUs! We have one out of two printers
printing - let's get that last one working for us.

Come learn how to use our 3D printer and help get ready for our workshop on
Nov 6 at our We Make It event. Let's also start getting ready for building
the laser cutter!

Now is a good time start thinking about projects you want to make with the
3D printers - let's hear your ideas. We've reached the first step in
producing our means of production. How can you use digital fabrication to
further the intersection of art & making?
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4e175155ca&e=492cc49626>
 // Join on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=49c4bf0538&e=492cc49626>
//
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=23ae003f4d&e=492cc49626>

*Supported by the Senatskanzlei - Kulturelle Angelegenheiten
Spartenübergreifende Förderung künstlerischer und kultureller Projekte*
Wednesday 2 Nov: Adam Basanta / Alois Yang #220

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 5-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Performance night with:*

   - *Adam Basanta — "From here to there in one straight line"*
   - *Aloïs Yang — "Panning Time & Space"*

*Presented by Mote
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eae9eed806&e=492cc49626>
studio
in collaboration with SPEKTRUM
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=37a96ee283&e=492cc49626>*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c40342a040&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=24f3f785b4&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e97bd4179e&e=492cc49626>
Adam Basanta - The sound of empty space
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b9fc8fc5db&e=492cc49626>
Aloïs Yang — Panning Time & Space
Thursday 3 Nov: Konrad Korabiewski & friends #221

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance 5-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Konrad Korabiewski & friends - Audiovisual retrospective 2002-2016*
An evening of experimental audiovisual works created by sound and
multi-media artist Konrad Korabiewski (PL/DK/IS) over the past fourteen
years together with collaborators from Poland, Denmark, Iceland and Canada.
Ten pieces exploring and deconstructing culture, consumption, labour and
landscape.

Polish | Danish | Icelandic Konrad Korabiewski (born in Łódź, 1978) is an
award- winning experimental composer, sound and media artist working
worldwide and currently residing in Seyðisfjörður, East Iceland, and
California.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=50aafedadd&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0b4a81f872&e=492cc49626>
[image: Flucht | Komplex LP]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a1ea282f06&e=492cc49626>
Flucht - Komplex LP
Friday 4 Nov: Monoiz, Gabriela Prochazka & Vida Vojic #222

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 5-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Monoiz - DATASTRUCTURE*
DATASTRUCTURE is an installation audio/video reactive/generative. The
images, composed of lines and geometric shapes are generated from the audio
frequencies. Image manipulation via quartz composer occurs in the abstract,
linear, creating a common thread between sound and video. DATASTRUCTURE
plays right on the possibility of interaction between visual forms and
sound frequencies, placed in a box in the continuity of flow generative. A
mutual answered in the light of geometries and sampling that is configured
as an open process, continuous…Each performance is characterized by
constant changes and improvisations of the live sets.

*Close (Known) Distant Worlds - Gabriela Prochazka (CZ) and Vida Vojic
(SWE)*
Audiovisual performance. Technique: self-made visual machine, various
liquids, light transmitting materials, ink, brushes / dimensions
variable. Simultaneous perception of both cause and effect, ink strokes
echoing calligraphy.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=032b0306fa&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5f3a73a9a8&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=73dc05d570&e=492cc49626>
DATASTRUCTURE - audio/visual performance excerpt#1
Saturday 5 Nov: Sound Anatomy VIII: Casey Moir, Richard Scott & Alex Nowitz

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00

*Solo performance by Casey Moir *
Casey Moir explores the extended properties of the voice within
improvisation. She weaves together the acoustic with the use of carefully
chosen pedals and percussion items to elongate, layer and embellish a
piece. The key is subtle precision in the midst of the wildness of all
things spontaneous.

*Duet by Richard Scott & Alex Nowitz *
Modular synthesizer meets voice, electronics, strophonion

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f8a73ae632&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9dc16748f4&e=492cc49626>
[image: UNTITLED by Alex Nowitz]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e3c132db87&e=492cc49626>
Untitled by Alex Nowitz
Sunday 6 Nov: SPEKTRUM communities present: We Make It #3

*Workshops from 13:00 - 17:00*

SPEKTRUM's communities present an afternoon of workshops with *MadeByUs,
Smell Lab and Sonic Code Sessions* sharing insights and skills of their
research and practice. Come along and get to know more about what is going
on in the different communities. There will be workshops on:

*- 3D printing (MadeByUs) - Scent distillation (Smell Lab) - Networked
sound (Sonic Code Sessions)*

Attendance is free but places are limited: please sign up here
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e642751ead&e=492cc49626>
if you want to join! *(the workshops will be running at the same time, so
it is only possible to attend one)*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=edd97e3c32&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a738ad1ba2&e=492cc49626>

*Supported by the Senatskanzlei - Kulturelle Angelegenheiten
Spartenübergreifende Förderung künstlerischer und kultureller Projekte*
EXHIBITION #7: BEHAVIOURAL MACHINES

*18-19-20 November 2016 at SPEKTRUM*
*Curated by Alfredo Ciannameo*

The exhibition '*Behavioural Machines*' explores the way in which
mathematical models that describe complex natural phenomena have been
used to create new audiovisual works appllied to domains such as light
sculpture, robotics and abstract film. Chaos theory, swarm behavior and
processes of emerging
life in the biological world (morphogenesis) are the three dimensions in
which the selected projects unfold the beauty of modern algorithms.
Using their fundamental rules to set a visual language, these
works challenge the audience to look inside the intelligence of the 'Mother
of Design': Nature,
while anticipating the contemporary debate underlying the science and
technology that makes it possible to bring those representations to the
next level
by means of an Artificial Intelligence (A.I.): the ultimate state
in which the algorithm generates its own creative behaviour.

*ARTWORKS:*

*So Kanno - LaserBugs (prototype) with projection mapping in collaboration
with Krisjanis Rijnieks*
*TeZ - PLASM*
*Ran Ancor - Second Brain*

*Opening: Friday 18 November 18:00 // running daily from 16:00 - 23:00 *

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d36afee8a7&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=261fb2d621&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=51da6e6277&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a62a316c7b&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=64809553a3&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=27844a9b78&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6359991cbe&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=81e265fa01&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2bb4a05011&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>