[resource-net] CfA: Data Gastronification WS on Oct. 25th (STATE Festival PopUpLab)

Katharina Meyer kthrn.meyer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:03:55 CEST 2016

CfA: Gastronify your Research Data for an Art/Science Project, October 25th, STATE/Futurium PopUpLab

You are a scientist from Life Sciences, Social Sciences or any other field connected with working on a "wicked problem“ (a problem, for which there is no clear solution)?
Look no further and bring your flow diagrams along. We gonna transform them into ice cream recipes.

An innovative approach to system dynamics leads directly through your alimentary canal and into our pop-up laboratory.

San Francisco-based artist and philosopher Jonathon Keats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Keats <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Keats>) has developed the concept of "data gastronification", an alternative to data visualization in which feedback loops can literally be consumed. Gastronified research is processed by the enteric nervous system – a sort of small brain in the abdomen – resulting in alternate modes of insight and understanding.

We are searching for 15 scientists from various disciplines who are willing to gastronify their research in a day-long workshop to be held on 25th October, 9am-5 pm in Bülowstraße 90, Berlin. The only requirement: prior experience with flow diagrams or: the will to learn what these are (with the help of our facilitators).

Please apply asap here-> http://www.statefestival.org/futurium-formats/2016/10/11/emotional-cognition-workshop-center-for-data-gastronification <http://www.statefestival.org/futurium-formats/2016/10/11/emotional-cognition-workshop-center-for-data-gastronification> with your flowdiagram and information about your current or recent research. We will also provide some data sets if you don´t have any at hand.
Further info and formats: http://www.statefestival.org/2016/popuplab/ <http://www.statefestival.org/2016/popuplab/>

PopUpLab is Part of the collaboration between STATE Festival (statefestival.de <http://statefestival.de/>) and Futurium (http://www.futurium.de <http://www.futurium.de/>).
Ein Dateianhang mit Bin�rdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr��e  : 496 bytes
Beschreibung: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
URL         : <http://mailman.transmediale.de/pipermail/resource-net-transmediale.de/attachments/20161017/ddad1036/attachment.sig>