[resource-net] How can we influence politics to fight for our digital rights? Last days to apply for CODE!

Rachel Uwa rachel.uwa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:41:54 CET 2022

Dear Resource Network,

we have an open call, information below. Would be lovely if you apply or
share the information. Thanks in advance!

*For more info and to apply by Sunday, 20.03.22, click here
<https://www.schoolofma.org/code>.*

How do we make sure politicians and policymakers are aware of developments
in the technology space? How can we regulate big tech companies, curb their
power, and protect our digital rights? What role should governments play,
and how can we make them understand the urgency to act? What can we as
concerned citizens, researchers, and artists do to support this process?

CODE 2022 is the second edition of CODE, and it will be organized by School
of Machines, Making & Make Believe together with IMPAKT (Utrecht), and this
year also by the two Belgium-based organizations Werktank (Leuven) and
Privacy Salon/Privacytopia (Brussels/Antwerp). We are happy to invite
participants to join us for an exciting collaborative series of events
throughout 2022 called CODE.

CODE seeks to bring together artists, non-artists, politicians, policy
makers and researchers from Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands to engage
in dialogue, critical discussion, and artistic intervention. We hope to be
able to influence public policy on a national and international level, by
creating awareness for issues at hand, and by defining ways in which we can
improve laws and legislation that will protect us as digital citizens and
consumers. We want to inspire and facilitate cross-disciplinary
collaborations, which hopefully have the potential to catalyse system
change.

*To read more about last year's CODE, **click here*
<https://www.schoolofma.org/code-nld>
*. To see the finished web exhibition of CODE 2021, **click here*
<https://code.impakt.nl>*.*

Warmly,
Rachel

*Creative Director | School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe
<http://schoolofma.org/>*