[resource-net] Today! | Talk and online workshop with Felix Sodemann and Yusuf Sahilli | Chromatic Wednesdays #11

Apartment Project Berlin info at apartmentproject.org
Wed Mar 17 12:09:46 CET 2021

Join us on Facebook Live on 17 March at 7.30pm (GMT+1)!

Chromatic Wednesdays by Apartment Project
March 2021 | Theme: Sustainability | Episode 2
><
How to sort out bureaucracies in Germany - for Artists:
Talk and online workshop with Felix Sodemann (touring artists)
and Yusuf Sahilli (Landesmusikrat Berlin)
><
17 March 2021, Wednesday
19:30-20:30 (GMT+1)
@Facebook Live
Attend Facebook Event (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=7e5cb26ca8&e=e73faeba2b)

For the second episode of Chromatic Wednesday’s “Sustainability” month, we are offering a helpful guide on how to overcome the bureaucratic obstacles that artists working in any field. Most of us are indeed familiar with the matter - establishing oneself as a foreign artist in Germany can sometimes be a bit exhausting. While trying to get a foothold in the local art scene, you have to deal with plenty of administrative challenges: Is there really something called “Künstler*innen-Visum”? How do I get a Steuernummer? What is the KSK and what is it useful for? What is the difference between a Werkvertrag and a Dienstvertrag? Where can I get (legal) help?

At our studio, we will have a live talk with Felix Sodemann (touring artists) and Yusuf Sahilli (Landesmusikrat Berlin) about what it means to deal with these intimidating questions, and how to get help. After the talk, we invite you to join a small workshop via Zoom, where Felix and Yusuf will give an overview of the most important DO’s and DON’T’s and have time to answer your questions.
The event will be held in English and live-streamed on Facebook. — Live-stream link (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=fd2573a2c4&e=e73faeba2b)
>>Zoom link for workshop and Q&A session (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=c4aaaeb1df&e=e73faeba2b) << (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=6bfc12754b&e=e73faeba2b)

Having grown up in the Rhineland, Felix Sodemann landed in Berlin in 2015 after spending a couple of years in southern Germany and in Turkey. In addition to his activities as a freelance theatre artist, (theatre)filmmaker and translator, he has been working for the International Theatre Institute (ITI) since 2019, where he is particularly involved in the projects “touring artists” and “Theaterpreis des Bundes”.

touring artists is an information portal for artists and creatives working internationally that provides comprehensive information on visas/residence, artist status and contracts, transport/customs, taxes, social security, other insurances, and copyright. touring artists is extended by “International Artist Info Berlin” (IAIB, funded by the Senate of Berlin, Department for Culture and Europe), a program that gathers information especially for artists who recently moved to Berlin. Part of the IAIB-program is the “MONTHLY MEET-UP”-workshop-series.

touring artists is a joint project of the Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK), Dachverband Tanz (German Dance Association) and the International Theatre Institute in Germany (ITI), initiated and supported by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM). touring artists provides a free help desk service for individual consultation (in cooperation with SMartDe – Netzwerk für Kreative e. V.). www.touring-artists.info

Yusuf Sahilli is an indie-pop singer-songwriter, born and raised in Berlin. Half Turk, half Syrian. Lived in Australia and Liverpool. Travelled the world. Worked for a global player in international pop music. Visited festivals from Texas to Beijing. But now he’s focussing on his own career as a musician and running his own label to release promising authentic artists, producing records on studio ship MS Heiterkeit in Berlin.

Landesmusikrat Berlin (The State Music Council Berlin) is an umbrella organization that represents the interests of institutions and associations, which shape Berlin’s musical life. It also advocates the political interests of its members, provides a coordination hub and plays an advisory role towards the federal state government and the parties of the Berlin House of Representatives. The State Music Council influences the cultural landscape through its own projects and focuses on youth cultural activities.
https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=d666ae03b5&e=e73faeba2b
Supported by NEUSTART KULTUR.

><

In der zweiten Folge zum Thema "Nachhaltigkeit" im Rahmen der Veranstaltungsreihe “Chromatic Wednesdays”, bieten wir einen hilfreichen Leitfaden zur Überwindung der bürokratischen Hürden, die Künstler in jedem Bereich zu überwinden haben. Die meisten von uns kennen das ja - sich als ausländischer Künstler in Deutschland zu etablieren, kann manchmal ein bisschen anstrengend sein. Während man versucht, in der hiesigen Kunstszene Fuß zu fassen, muss man sich mit vielen administrativen Herausforderungen auseinandersetzen: Gibt es wirklich so etwas wie ein "Künstler*innen-Visum"? Wie bekomme ich eine Steuernummer? Was ist die KSK und wofür ist sie nützlich? Was ist der Unterschied zwischen einem Werkvertrag und einem Dienstvertrag? Wo bekomme ich (rechtliche) Hilfe?

Bei uns im Studio wird ein Live-Talk mit Felix Sodemann ((touring artists) und Yusuf Sahilli (Landesmusikrat Berlin) darüber, was es bedeutet, mit diesen einschüchternden Fragen umzugehen, und wie man Hilfe bekommt, stattfinden. Nach dem Vortrag laden wir Sie zu einem kleinen Workshop via Zoom ein, bei dem Felix und Yusuf einen Überblick über die wichtigsten DO's und DON'T's geben und Zeit haben, eure Fragen zu beantworten.
Die Veranstaltung findet in englischer Sprache statt. Die Veranstaltung wird live auf Facebook Live gestreamt. — Live-stream link (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=2afb025974&e=e73faeba2b)

>>Zoom-Link für den Workshop und die Q&A-Session<< (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=33225c50d8&e=e73faeba2b)

Aufgewachsen im Rheinland, landete Felix Sodemann 2015 in Berlin, nachdem er einige Jahre in Süddeutschland und in der Türkei verbracht hatte. Neben seiner Tätigkeit als freischaffender Theaterkünstler, (Theater-)Filmemacher und Übersetzer arbeitet er seit 2019 für das Internationale Theaterinstitut (ITI), wo er sich insbesondere für die Projekte "touring artists" und "Theaterpreis des Bundes" engagiert.

touring artists ist ein Informationsportal für international arbeitende Künstler und Kreative, das umfassende Informationen zu den Themen Visum/Aufenthalt, Künstlerstatus und -verträge, Transport/Zoll, Steuern, Sozialversicherung, sonstige Versicherungen und Urheberrecht bereitstellt. touring artists wird durch das Programm "International Artist Info Berlin" (IAIB, gefördert durch den Senat von Berlin, Abteilung Kultur und Europa) erweitert, das Informationen speziell für Künstler sammelt, die neu nach Berlin gezogen sind. Teil des IAIB-Programms ist die "MONTHLY MEET-UP"-Workshop-Reihe.

touring artists ist ein gemeinsames Projekt der Internationalen Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK), des Dachverbands Tanz und des Internationalen Theaterinstituts in Deutschland (ITI), initiiert und gefördert durch den Beauftragten der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien (BKM). touring artists bietet einen kostenlosen Helpdesk-Service zur individuellen Beratung (in Kooperation mit SMartDe - Netzwerk für Kreative e. V.).
www.touring-artists.info

Yusuf Sahilli ist ein Indie-Pop Singer-Songwriter, geboren und aufgewachsen in Berlin. Halb Türke, halb Syrer. Lebte in Australien und Liverpool. Reiste um die Welt. Arbeitete für einen Global Player der internationalen Popmusik. Besuchte Festivals von Texas bis Peking. Aber jetzt konzentriert er sich auf seine eigene Karriere als Musiker und betreibt sein eigenes Label, um vielversprechende authentische Künstler zu veröffentlichen. Er produziert Albums in seinem Studio auf dem Kreuzfahrtschiff MS Heiterkeit in Berlin.

Der Landesmusikrat Berlin ist eine Dachorganisation, die die Interessen von Institutionen und Verbänden vertritt, die das Berliner Musikleben gestalten. Darüber hinaus vertritt er die politischen Interessen seiner Mitglieder, dient als Koordinations-Hub und hat eine beratende Funktion gegenüber der Landesregierung und den Parteien des Berliner Abgeordnetenhauses. Der Landesmusikrat nimmt durch eigene Projekte Einfluss auf die Kulturlandschaft und legt einen Schwerpunkt auf die Jugendkulturarbeit. https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=6fdf62a2ff&e=e73faeba2b
gefördert von NEUSTART KULTUR.
Chromatic Wednesdays is a culmination of our recent collective consciousness — the pandemic has disrupted our ability, creativity, and production. How do we as artists and intellectuals develop alternative forms of thinking and articulate this unclear existential situation? How can we get out of this limbo? How can we expel it?

Addressing these questions, Apartment Project developed a program titled Chromatic Wednesdays, which consists of 33 individual events, that will take place within eleven months starting from December 2, 2020. Each month will revolve around specific themes on current issues such as; immigration, pandemic, ecology, sustainability, gentrification, gender, survival, boundaries, geography, freedom of speech, and future. On three Wednesdays per month, artists, musicians, performers, scholars, scientists, and cultural practitioners will be invited to collaborate and share their research, practices, and experiences. The space will host a variety of events such as; concerts, performances, workshops, film screenings, lectures, exhibitions, readings, panel discussions, and dinner gatherings.

Click here to check out the previous episodes of Chromatic Wednesdays (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=02fd298955&e=e73faeba2b)

><

Chromatic Wednesdays ist ein Höhepunkt unseres neuesten kollektiven Bewusstseins - die Pandemie hat unsere Fähigkeit, Kreativität und Produktion gestört. Wie können wir als Künstler und Intellektuelle alternative Formen des Denkens entwickeln und diese unklare existenzielle Situation artikulieren? Wie können wir aus diesem Schwebezustand herauskommen? Wie können wir sie vertreiben?

Um diese Fragen zu beantworten, entwickelte Apartment Project ein Programm mit dem Titel "Chromatic Wednesdays", das aus 33 Einzelveranstaltungen besteht, die innerhalb von elf Monaten ab dem 11. November 2020 stattfinden werden. Jeder Monat dreht sich um spezifische Themen zu aktuellen Themen wie: Einwanderung, Pandemie, Ökologie, Nachhaltigkeit, Gentrifizierung, Geschlecht, Überleben, Grenzen, Geographie, Redefreiheit und Zukunft. An drei Mittwochen pro Monat werden Künstler, Musiker, Performer, Wissenschaftler und Kulturschaffende eingeladen, zusammenzuarbeiten und ihre Forschungen, Praktiken und Erfahrungen auszutauschen. Der Raum wird eine Vielzahl von Veranstaltungen wie Konzerte, Performances, Workshops, Filmvorführungen, Vorträge, Ausstellungen, Lesungen, Podiumsdiskussionen und Dinner-Versammlungen beherbergen.

Frühere Episoden von Chromatic Wednesdays (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=828ec84477&e=e73faeba2b)
Find out more by checking out the links below:
https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=5ede9b0036&e=e73faeba2b Facebook (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=810a2b9395&e=e73faeba2b)
https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=7bb7a5fa31&e=e73faeba2b Website (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=8be78eecfb&e=e73faeba2b)

Copyright © 2021 Apartment Project Berlin, All rights reserved.

Our e-mailing address is:
info at apartmentproject.org

You can ** update your preferences (https://apartmentproject.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=b4ccc95f9858f3674f22dce7f&id=0272d7598e&e=e73faeba2b&c=e2bf591115)