[resource-net] PIRATE CARE - Disruptive Fridays #3 – 17 April - 17:00 Berlin

Elena Veljanovska elenavel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:58:17 CEST 2020

Dear all,

we would like to invite you to join our Disruptive Fridays #3: PIRATE CARE,
on 17 April 2020, 17:00 Berlin time!
The video & chat will be live at: disruptionlab.org/fridays
<https://www.disruptionlab.org/fridays>

In case you have missed the previous editions, you can still watch the
videos at:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmm_HP_Sb_cS_0zlUA9wbfdtAPSyjVpK1

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Friday, 17th April, we continue with the third edition of Disruption
Network Lab’s new programme stream - DISRUPTIVE FRIDAYS (live every Friday
at 5pm Berlin time) with a conversation between Valeria Graziano
(Researcher, pirate.care), Natasha Falkov (Berlin Collective Action) and
Elena Veljanovska (Disruption Network Lab).

We will speak about self-organized care initiatives in times of Corona in
North Italy and Berlin. *pirate.care* researches, gathers & nourishes
initiatives which are taking risks by operating in the narrow grey zones
left open between different care knowledges, institutions and laws. *Flatten
the curve, grow the care: What are we learning from Covid-19* is their
curriculum that evolved with the Covid crisis. *Berlin Collective
Action* started
a fundraising to provide emergency financial aid to at-risk nightlife
workers in Berlin — those whose livelihoods have been severely impacted by
COVID-19, and especially those who do not have access to other support
systems. With Valeria Graziano and Natasha Falkov, we will speak about
using piracy as a political tool for care and focus on the solidarity
initiatives that are serving as active caretakers since the outbreak of the
crisis. We will also talk about the current societal reorganization and how
the crisis is affecting the health and livelihoods of women, BIPOC, queer,
trans- and non-binary people, sex workers, non-EU migrants, and other
marginalised groups who are all part of the at-risk communities in this
crisis.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Follow us live on Friday April 10th at 5pm on our website
https://www.disruptionlab.org/fridays
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Speakers:
Valeria Graziano (Researcher, pirate.care, IT/UK)
Valeria Graziano is a research fellow at the Centre for Postdigital
Cultures, Coventry University (UK). Her work focuses on organisational
practices and tecnopolitical tools that foster the refusal of work, a
creativere distribution of social reproduction and the politicization of
pleasure. Together with Marcell Mars and Tomislav Medak, she is a convenor
of Pirate Care (https://pirate.care), a research project focusing on forms
of political activism at the intersection of “care” and “piracy”, which are
trying to intervene in the current crisis of care in all its multiple and
interconnected dimensions. The Pirate Care Syllabus is a tool for
supporting and activating collective processes of learning from these
practices (https://syllabus.pirate.care).

Natasha Falkov (Berlin Collective Action, NZ/DE)

Natasha Falkov is an organiser, writer and filmmaker from New Zealand. Natasha
is currently organising with the Berlin Collective Action initiative, a
Berlin based emergency fund providing financial aid to those whose
livelihoods have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. (
https://www.betterplace.me/berlin-collective-action-nightlife-emergency-fund16
)

Elena <https://www.disruptionlab.org/team> Veljanovska (Senior project
manager, Disruption Network Lab, MK/DE)

Elena Veljanovska is a senior project manager at the Disruption Network
Lab. From 2012 to 2019 she was the executive director and programme curator
at Kontrapunkt Skopje, where among other projects, with Iskra Geshoska she
co-developed the Festival for Critical Culture - CRIC (founded in 2016). In
2006 she co-founded Line I+M Platform for New Media Art and Technology,
where she was the artistic director until 2010. Veljanovska has worked as a
curator and cultural manager with numerous organisations and artists.

Hope to see you online!
Best,
Elena
--

Elena Veljanovska // Senior project manager
Disruption Network Labhttp://disruptionlab.org