[resource-net] 20 March: Disruption Network Lab - Activation: community kick off

lieke lieke at disruptionlab.org
Mon Mar 18 19:06:15 CET 2019

Dear all,

We're really excited to invite you to the kick off of our Disruption
Network Lab Activation programme (http://disruptionlab.org/meet-ups),
this Wednesday 20 March, 19:00 at STATE studio. In our new Activation
programme, which consists of regular local meetups throughout the year
and a community conference in November, we focus on extending and
connecting our regular conference programme and network with social and
cultural communities active in both Berlin and abroad, highlighting
different ways of possible direct participation and engagement with our
topics.

In this first meetup of the year, we invite you to join us for an
introduction to the 2019 program of the Disruption Network Lab, ‘The Art
of Exposing Injustice’, in cooperation with Transparency International.
On this night we kick off the exploration around our first event of the
year, Dark Havens: Confronting Hidden Money & Power (5-6 April 2019,
Studio 1, Kunstraum Kreuzberg / Bethanien), which revolves around the
issues of financial corruption and tax havens and the informational,
political, technological and artistic response to such topics:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/dark-havens.

We will hear from two Berlin-based initiatives, Transparency
International Deutschland e.V. (https://www.transparency.de) and Open
Knowledge Foundation Deutschland (https://okfn.de) how they work on
opening up data and increasing transparency in the fight against
corruption. You are warmly invited to come, share your thoughts and find
out more about how to get involved - entrance is free. You can see the
full agenda and read more at http://disruptionlab.org/meet-ups.

Our meetups will take place monthly at STATE Studio, a public gallery,
showroom and event space in Berlin-Schöneberg for creative synergies
between science, art, and innovation: https://state-studio.com/studio.

You can also stay connected with our community through our pages on
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pg/disruptionlab/events) and Meetup
(https://www.meetup.com/ActivationDNL).

Looking forward to see you there!

Best, Lieke.