[resource-net] Greetings from School of Machines!

Rachel Uwa rachel.uwa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:17:19 CEST 2019

Ni hao Resource Network!

This is my fifth year running School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe. Crazy
how time flies!

I'm currently running my very first program in Shanghai, China, proving
that some dreams really can come true! Haha.

As we just began our 2019 season, I wanted to share our upcoming programs
with you!

We're trying to be more responsive to the current digital/socio-political
climate and have designed courses that we think are needed in the world.

It's an approach to tech education with humans and society at the center!

2019 Programs <http://schoolofma.org/programs/>

06 - 31 May :: Future Landscapes <http://schoolofma.org/future-landscapes/>
Galway, Ireland

03 - 28 June :: Data and Society <http://schoolofma.org/data-and-society/>
Berlin, Germany

01 - 26 July :: Physical Computing for Beginners
<http://bit.ly/2019Program_PhysicalComputing> Berlin, Germany

01 - 26 July :: Bots & ML Berlin <http://bit.ly/2019Program_Bots>, Germany

05 - 30 August :: Money <http://bit.ly/2019Program_Money> Berlin, Germany

05 - 30 August :: Coding for Beginners <http://bit.ly/2019Program_Coding>
Berlin, Germany

02 - 27 September :: Evidence <http://bit.ly/2019Program_Evidence> Berlin,
Germany

30 September - 25 October :: Waiting & Escaping
<http://schoolofma.org/waiting-and-escaping/> Berlin, Germany

Our 2019 Program caters to artists, designers, researchers and
technologists who'd like to develop and apply new technologies in their
practice and gain experience communicating ideas and presenting projects to
an international and interdisciplinary audience. This year students will
delve deep into augmented-, virtual-, and mixed realities, data, society,
and physical data sculptures, creative coding, interactive circuitry,
machine learning, past, present, and future of money, escape room design,
and more! Each program is intensely hands-on and ends in a final showcase
open to the public.

If intensive education into these topics resonates with you, I'd be super
appreciative if you could please share this information with your
communities or anyone else you think could be interested!

Thanks in advance for your attention!

Warmly,

Rachel

*Founder | School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe  **http://schoolofma.org/