[resource-net] Sat Dec 1: transmediale 2019, study circles, performance

Kristoffer Gansing kg at transmediale.de
Thu Nov 29 11:03:12 CET 2018

Dear all resource list subscribers,

On this Saturday, Dec 1,  we are together with Import Projects hosting
an event where you can learn more about our upcoming festival, the
ongoing Study Circles and a related performance by Coralie Vogelaar,
"Emotions from an Algorithmic Point of View".

It would be great to see many of you there! Full details below.

best wishes,
Kristoffer / transmediale

Introducing the Study Circles: Program + Performance by Coralie Vogelaar
1 December 2018, 17:30 (Doors open)
Import Projects, Keithstr. 10, Berlin

On 1 December 2018 we present a program which introduces participants
and topics of our new Study Circles together with our cooperation
partners Import Projects, Spektrum, and Tier.SPACE.

The evening offers reflections on the current working process by the
Study Circle moderators Ewa Majewska and Maya Indira Ganesh, who
introduce the two thematic strands Affective Infrastructures and Uneasy
Alliances. While Uneasy Alliances aims to investigate how new forms of
acting in solidarity can be built by connecting artistic, tech, and
activist approaches, the Study Circle Affective Infrastructures examines
the role of affect-driven and affect-generating infrastructures in the
formation of contemporary lived experience.

Pointing forward to the artistic manifestations of these themes within
the 2019 festival edition, the live performance Emotions from an
Algorithmic Point of View by visual artist Coralie Vogelaar,
choreographer Marjolein Vogels, and actress Marina Miller Dessau
explores deconstructed facial expressions according to the Facial Action
Coding System. This system forms the basis of contemporary emotion
recognition software and demonstrates a computational approach to our
emotions.

The cooperation between transmediale and TIER.space, Spektrum, and
Import Projects is supported by the Senate Department for Culture and
Europe.

transmediale*/festival*
30.01.–03.02.2019
HKW, Berlin