[resource-net] ENHANCED SENSING: CONFERENCE, EXHIBITION, OPEN-CALL

wallace wallace at autistici.org
Fri Mar 2 09:31:10 CET 2018

Sentire presents:
ENHANCED SENSING: CONFERENCE, EXHIBITION, OPEN-CALL

A CONFERENCE
"Enhanced sensing" is a conference and open-call aiming to create a
frame for discussion on cognition and on human-technology Interaction,
particularly in relation to movement and sound.
"Enhanced sensing" is a platform initiated by the Sentire project to
exchange ideas and experiences. We welcome any proper investigation on
the topic.

Sentire started as a performance series where proximity and touch events
between the participants are transformed into sound, allowing a deep
sensory experience. Sentire is now an ongoing cross-disciplinary
research and it aims to develop an interactive sound system and a method
that enhances cognitive sensory abilities of its users.

Cognition is now considered a dynamic interplay of individual bodily and
environmental processes, with the brain as a mediator of that interplay
(Fuchs, 2011). How can interactive technology (such as Sentire)
contribute to this interplay and enhance human sensing? In which way can
interactive technology develop cognitive sensory abilities?

As part of our discussions, we are pleased to have different researchers
who have experienced and investigated the work of Sentire with different
approaches. The result of these studies will be presented at the conference:
* Dr. Miriam Kyselo, Philosopher/Cognitive Scientist,  Berlin Center for
Knowledge Research at the Technical University of Berlin, founder of
Inter-Self Lab, https://inter-self.com/
* Jun.Prof. Dr. Jin Hyun Kim / Assistant Professor, Systematic
Musicology at Humboldt University of Berlin, here
* Marcello Lussana, Phd student at the musicology department of the
Humboldt University of Berlin

Place: Spektrum Art Science Community, Berlin
Date: 12 of April 2018, 16:00-20:00

OPEN-CALL

The main goal of these events is to create a platform for networking and
shaping the community of people working in between music, arts and
science. Motivated by this cross-disciplinary need, we are happy to
announce an open-call for short presentations of projects or studies
about human-technology interaction, particularly in relation to movement
and sound. The call is addressed to a wide range of researchers and
practitioners including academics, artists, musicians, dancers and
movement researchers, cognitive scientists, philosophers, and inventors.

Requirements:
-   topic of the presentation has to be related to the theme of the
conference “Enhanced sensing”: cognition, human-technology interaction,
particularly in relation to movement and sound.
-   format of the project can be one of the following: presentation,
screening, sound/audio work, installation, prototype, device, instrument.
-    participants will be invited to present their work in one of the
two possible formats: a talk within the conference (no longer than 20
min) or displaying and presenting the project in the exhibition space
-    the presence of the author is required
Interested individuals and collectives may apply by filling and sending
a form:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1byiQHJ0ufP7VULXzHPIzI-nOU5maOJwL

email address for application: hello at sentire.me
theme for email with application: enhanced sensing open-call

Dead-line: 29 of March 2018

Successful applications will be invited to present the project or study.
Please note: This conference is self organized and we are not able to
offer a fee for your participation. We also don't cover production,
accommodation, and transport costs. You will be granted a free entrance
at the evening event and, if necessary, an official letter about your
participation.

Learn more at http://sentire.me/es.html
Event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1993504900872172/