[resource-net] A Tribute to Armin Medosch

Shu Lea Cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 2 11:16:26 CEST 2017

A Tribute to Armin Medosch

Saturday, September 9th 2017

STWST48x3, Stadtwerkstatt, Linz

http://stwst48x3.stwst.at

Armin Medosch (1962-2017) has long been associated with Stadtwerkstatt
in Linz. As a collaborator with its director Franz Xaver – projects
including /Waves-Liquid Territories/(2008), /Der Bakensender/ (2011), as
curator for Eleonore residency (/fieldworks/, 2013), as writer for
Versorgerin, among many articles, /From Total Recall to Digital Dementia
- Ars Electronica 2013/(2013), his presence at Stadtwerkstatt isdeeply
felt and missed. On the occasion of STWST48x3,the third edition of
STWST48 hosted by Stadtwerkstatt, We hold a tribute to Armin Medosch.

18:00New Tendencies, screening of Armin Medosch’s presentation and book
launch at Cabinet space, New York 2016

20:00Free Research - Felix Stalder in conversation with James Stevens,
Fahim Amir, Jaromil, Darko Fritz, Shu Lea Cheang and friends.

We explore the legacy of Armin Medosch's work from the perspective of
"free research". Long before artistic research became a fundable
category, Armin engaged in a various independent, non-institutional
research endeavors at the intersection of art, media and politics: from
navigating the Baltic Sea on the MS Stubnitz to building open
mesh-networks in London, exploring media piracy in Taiwan to
contributing to the history of early media art in Croatia and
internationally and to developing the Timeline - Tracing Information
Society with TECHNOPOLITICS, a free research group in Vienna.What can we
take from his particular approach of developing a free research as
interdisciplinary practice for the future?

22:00Dine with Armin, bring the bottles

INFOLAB/Mycelium Network Society prepares a field of networking mushroom
for a fine dining with Armin and his friends.

23:00Party Schnapsloch special

Camel from Vienna spins Rocksteady, Walter Gröbchen plays vinyl from
Armin, Mukul Patel from Hackney recalls Armin’s London daze.

Dresscode: White. Black.

Live stream radio fro 20:00

http://fro.at**

A tribute to Armin Medosch from STADTWERKSTATT
<http://www.stadtwerkstatt.com/>, organized with Ina Zwerger and Felix
Stalder.

Taking place at Stadtwerkstatt, Kirchengasse 4, A-4040 Linz/Urfahr, Austria

http://stwst.at

http://stadtwerkstatt.com