[resource-net] 25/26.11 The Livingroom by Soramame (Sam Andreae/Mio Ebisu) @Liebig12

liebig zwoelfe liebigzwoelfe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 13:18:53 CET 2017

*Sat 25.11.17 - 6pm to 9.30pm + **Sun 26.11.17 - 1pm to 8pm **@Liebig12*

*The Livingroom *
Site Specific Installation & Exhibition by *Soramame* (*Sam Andreae* & *Mio
Ebisu*)

"Come back home, sit on the sofa, remember what you did today, listen to
your favourite music, put on the TV, check your emails, look out of the
window, open the fridge, fall asleep, dream a little, listen to the night,
feel hungry, eat a snack....

We're imagining it a bit like a theater set, with different scenes and
stuff...there will be a kind of accompanying website which is also part of
the installation. Fun!"

*Mio Ebisu *is a japanese painter based in Berlin

*"I have been seeking what gives a painting a light feeling, even with
complex scenes or subjects. For me lightness is a floating/unstable image,
drawn from memory, not directly from reality. The atmosphere at the time
you remember something rather than observing a photo/image, trying to draw
a vague memory (......) I bring into my practice ideas of gesture and
movement, space is important, the space around a painting and within
(...)" *

*Sam Andreae* is a britsh sound artist & composer based in Berlin

*"In both composition and improvisation I am intrigued by the processes and
systems that function just bellow the surface of what we perceive to be
music. *
*Our own thoughts, senses, physical needs, emotional states and perception
of others’ actions are as much a part of music as tonality, instrumentation
or style.*

*I see the act of music making as a series of interconnected actions and as
an improviser or composer within this context I try to use a vocabulary
that expresses these interests. This has lead me to explore the saxophone
as a “sound object” rather than a musical instrument, striving for an
objectivity within sound and a gestural approach to playing that places
music in a wider context of art and performance. *
*In my compositions I use these “background” elements as musical building
blocks to create systems that performers can function freely within, the
focus is placed on action and intention, with the aural results becoming
products of this gestural process."*

http://samandreae.com/about/ & https://mioebisublog.wordpress.com/projects/

--
Liebig12