[resource-net] SPEKTRUM program: 15-21 May 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:52:57 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/b9ee7a240020/spektrum-program-24-30-april-2267505?e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Mon 15 May: Artgames XIV: Late Night Work Club 2 Screening + Q&A
   <#m_-951711901266339619_monday>
   - Tue 16 May: Community night: movLab #14
   <#m_-951711901266339619_tuesday> & MadeByUs: Lab night
   <#m_-951711901266339619_madebyus>
   - Wed 17 May: Sabine Vogel, Lan Cao, Gregor Seidl, Korhan Erel #304
   <#m_-951711901266339619_wednesday>
   - Thu 18 May: Queer Aging - Short Experimental Film #305
   <#m_-951711901266339619_thursday>
   - Fri 19 May: Florence To / Frank Bretschneider #306
   <#m_-951711901266339619_friday>
   - Sat 20 May: Emitter micro day 2: Wassermann / Ponzoña / Garet / API
   <#m_-951711901266339619_saturday>
   - Sun 21 May: reConnect communities table #6 / Ignaz Schick #307
   <#m_-951711901266339619_sunday>

*For all events: free entrance for refugees / 50% discount Trump Ban
countries*
[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=33cbedd76d&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7a1de7eb61&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eddde0ed86&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=95ec1af056&e=492cc49626>
Monday 15 May: Artgames XIV: Late Night Work Club 2 Screening + Q&A

Start time: 19:30 - please RSVP on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ae4160487f&e=492cc49626>
*We will allow people that have RSVP'd a seat first, if there is any
seating left we will afterwards welcome further people.*

*ąяţǥąʍ€$* is a community event for anybody and everybody interested in
using digital art/design/technology. For the first ąяţǥąʍ€$ of summer we
are thrilled to host a screening of the incredible *Late Night Work
Club *animated
anthology Strangers, followed by *Q&A* with LNWC member Sean Buckelew.

Join us in a viewing of some of the most groundbreaking animation works in
recent history.  In our Q&A session we will discuss what it means to create
independent noncommercial art for the internet, where new forms of
collaboration might arise from this and how the field of animation is
converging with other forms of art and media (such as the ART VIDYAGAEM!).
Tue 16 May: movLab #14

*Start time: 19:30*

Join us for the next community meetup of the movLab - a place for
researching ways to digitize motion and the human body and to make the data
accessible for further use in VR, gaming, stage performance or art. We are
building sensors, writing code and explore new ways of moving.
Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1024d1e6b3&e=492cc49626>
MadeByUs: Lab night
*19:00 - 22:00 in the makerlab*

Let's do a little spring cleaning, poke at the Lasersaur, try out our new
vinyl cutter, and talk plans for the summer!

Wednesday 17 May: Sabine Vogel, Lan Cao, Gregor Seidl, Korhan Erel #304

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

Electronics player Korhan Erel will present two formations in this evening
of free improvisation at Spektrum. The first one is a trio in the making
with Lan Cao and Gregor Siedl. The second one is a brand new duo with
flutist Sabine Vogel. Time permitting, there may be a tutti at the end.

Sabine Vogel - amplified flute
Cao Thanh Lan - prepared marxophone, samplers
Gregor Siedl - clarinet, gamecalls and electronics.
Korhan Erel - electronics

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=49ac904acc&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6c8ceb00d2&e=492cc49626>
Thursday 18 May: Queer Aging - Short Experimental Film #305

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Queer Age - Short Experimental Film Curation by Coral Short
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4299787df6&e=492cc49626>
and Ryan
Backer
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=91d399ab7a&e=492cc49626>*

Highlighting those who are making the most out of the second half of their
lives, this program confirms that growing older is what the luckiest
amongst us get to do. Proving that anything is possible in our later years,
including deep reflections on earlier years, sage wisdom for tomorrow and
private sex parties in the moment. Let us celebrate the joy of living with
these compassionately transgressive international films.

Filmmakers in attendance: Indrani Ashe
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c554c4a5c3&e=492cc49626>
, Shannon L
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=68437aba3d&e=492cc49626>
 and David Meran
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eb973dca3b&e=492cc49626>
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d12d55a9b8&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b0f509582e&e=492cc49626>
Friday 19 May: Florence To / Frank Bretschneider #306
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 10-15 euro (up to your offer)*

*Florence To - EOAN*
Florence To will be presenting a live audio visual performance using the
acoustic resonance of reconstructed metal instruments as a continuation of
the development of her recent exhibition ‘EOAN’ presented at Resonate in
Belgrade this year. This will be the first live performance of these
instruments. http://florence-to.com/EOAN
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=606a1174a9&e=492cc49626>

*Frank Bretschneider - Kippschwingungen*
In 2007, Frank Bretschneider was invited to compose for the Subharchord, a
unique electronic instrument developed during the 1960’s at the RFZ, the
technical center for radio and television of the East German postal
service. Bretschneider’s aim was to combine an almost forgotten technology
with the sound and production methods of today. The first performance took
place in June 2007 in Berlin, Germany, as part of the TESLA-Werkstatt
Klangapparate project, followed by a second performance in November the
same year at Wien Modern festival in Vienna, Austria. Eventually in 2011,
on the occasion of SoundExchange, Bretschneider was asked to re-visit the
Subharchord project once again. Slightly editing the original live
recording and adding new overdubs from sounds that remained from the 2007
recording sessions, Bretschneider has created a compelling and flowing 37
minute version for this release.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2f9c1ad836&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=18353759f2&e=492cc49626>
[image: FRANK BRETSCHNEIDER - KIPPSCHWINGUNGEN LIVE @ CTM 2013]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=087937c6d2&e=492cc49626>
FRANK BRETSCHNEIDER - KIPPSCHWINGUNGEN LIVE @ CTM 2013
Saturday 20 May: Emitter micro Day 2: Wassermann / Ponzoña / Garet / API
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 8-12 euro (up to your offer)*

The 4th edition of the *EMITTER MICRO Festival*
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=215c2457db&e=492cc49626>
is taking place at AUSLAND, SPEKTRUM and ZUKUNFT am Ostkreuz. curated by
kris limbach, pierce warnecke and seiji morimoto. emitter micro proposes a
selection of international and berlin based artists from multiple
contemporary sound practices and genres.

Day 2:

   - *Ute Wassermann *
   - *Jorge Vicario*
   - *Richard Garet (video screening) *
   - *API (Biederman+Peljhan) (video screening)*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=04760fbbb6&e=492cc49626>
// Join on FB
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ecdfbc9685&e=492cc49626>
//
Festival event
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ddd266e0be&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ef053625b2&e=492cc49626>
Richard Garet, Endless Scenery
Sunday 21 May: reConnect communities table #6
15:00 - 17:00 followed by drinks
*Free entrance *

We invite everyone from our communities to come together to share what they
have been working on and exchange ideas for cross-collaboration. In
addition, we will discuss the latest developments in and around SPEKTRUM,
and the way forward for our communities & the makerlab.

Then there will also be some time to celebrate what we have developed so
far together, after nearly 2 years of community activity! Bring some
snacks, we will take care of drinks.

Everybody interested in what is going on in our communities is welcome.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=755c0d43eb&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f54e274bf0&e=492cc49626>
Performance night with Ignaz Schick #307
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Ignaz Schick
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=014acdbb1f&e=492cc49626>*
is
a turntablist, sound artist, performer & composer. After college he briefly
studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich and worked for several years
as an assistent for the contemporary composer Josef Anton Riedl. From the
middle of the nineties onwards his interest and activities almost
completely shifted towards live-electronics and after testing various
instrumentations (hard- & software samplers, signal processing, contact
mics, field recordings, …) he developed his own and quite unique
electro-acoustic set-up which he calls “rotating surfaces”. Various objects
and materials (from wood, metal, plastic, paper or violin bows and cymbals)
are played directly on the rotating metal plate of the turntable and the
vibrations are simply amplified with a small condensator microphone. Since
2005 he has realized several sound installations and has frequently given
lectures & workshops about experimental turntablism and improvisation.

More information on the second performance will be added to our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=55c249b6aa&e=492cc49626>
soon.

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e99425a794&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f00e528461&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=56c520374d&e=492cc49626>
[image: Instagram]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9224b16170&e=492cc49626>
Instagram
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fdeda9ddfa&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=233d600cf6&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8381e00a51&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c9ac858c39&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5fb0788484&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>