[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 8-14 May 2017

Lieke Ploeger lieke at spektrumberlin.de
Mon May 8 10:04:28 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/935990c367b0/spektrum-program-24-30-april-2262053?e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Mon 8 May: Community night: Software art #1 / Berlin Modular #10
   <#m_1693101478061720510_monday>
   - Tue 9 May: Community night: Smell Lab #19 / SCS #37
   <#m_1693101478061720510_wednesday1> & MadeByUs: The Return of Mang
   <#m_1693101478061720510_madebyus>
   - Wed 10 May: Blacklist #2: The Global Arms Trade
   <#m_1693101478061720510_monday>
   - Thu 11 May: NKpresents: Klaxxoncallosum + Clinton Green #301
   <#m_1693101478061720510_thursday>
   - Fri 12 May: SCOPE presents: timodufner / Van Ta #302
   <#m_1693101478061720510_friday>
   - Sat 13 May: Liz Allbee & Alberto de Campo & Hannes Hoelzl #303
   <#m_1693101478061720510_saturday>
   - Sun 14 May: Sound Anatomy XIII: Yan Jun, Diemo Schwarz & Richard Scott
   <#m_1693101478061720510_sunday>

*For all events: free entrance for refugees / 50% discount Trump Ban
countries*
[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f030eead6d&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f5d2dfebf1&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=107d8c28fc&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3a7dc5051c&e=492cc49626>
Mon 8 May: Community night: Software art & Berlin Modular

*18:00 - Berlin Modular #10: BYOK (back room)*
Do you have that one kit you never dare to touch? Grab it and come over –
build it with us. We will bring the tools, you bring the kit – and leave
with a wonderful new toy for your modular synth. Solder in a splendid
community and enjoy cold beverages (also hot if you want). Matthias
Millhoff will present his first manufactored 'TBD'-shift register and will
talk with us about the process of prototyping and breadboarding till the
moment the PCB arrives in your mailbox.
Grab your Kits! PS: No registration needed – just come! Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=66adab1e8d&e=492cc49626>

*19:30 - Software Art #1 (front room)*
A gathering to learn about open source software platforms to create visual
and sonic arts. In the meeting we will review examples of projects and
prototypes using platforms such as Pure Data, Processing, and Arduino.
Participants from workshops in Spektrum are invited to present his
experience and interest on using this platforms. Some advise can be give on
how to continue your project developing. Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=713d688fda&e=492cc49626>
Tue 9 May: Smell Lab #19 / SCS #37

*Community meetups / start time: 19:30*

Come join us at our next *Smell Lab* meetup after a brief Hiatus! At our
next meeting we will be going over how we planned our smell dating event,
Smell Me Smell You, which took place in November 2016 and which will be
presented again in Moscow at the Polytech Festival from May 27-28. There
will be two short presentations followed by a round of discussions and
questions.

After the presentations, we will be updating the community on what's new at
the Smell Lab, including our new email, website, slack channel and further
ways to get involved! Stay tuned for more information, and make sure to
like us on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f9705a5054&e=492cc49626>
for
more updates!
The *Sonic Code Sessions* aim to provide a time and place for self directed
and collaborative learning + experimentation. If you would like to free
yourself from the limitations that come with traditional music software,
this is for you! We occasionaly do jam sessions and plan group performances.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6956d39caf&e=492cc49626>
MadeByUs: The Return of Mang
*19:00 - 22:00 in the makerlab*

Let's do a little spring cleaning, poke at the Lasersaur, try out our new
vinyl cutter, and talk plans for the summer!

I'm just back from Mongolia where I made a nomadic light art project using
Polycon connectors that were 3D printed in the lab. I'll bring some of the
new Mangtronix light modules so you can get a sneak peek before the
exhibition in June!
Wednesday 10 May: Blacklist #2: The Global Arms Trade

Doors: 18:30 / Start time: 19:00
*Free entrance - please RSVP via an email to event at blackl.st
<event at blackl.st>*

BLACKLIST #2 takes a long hard look at the global arms trade through the
lens of Shadow World, an award-winning documentary based on a book of the
same name by Andrew Feinstein.

https://blackl.st/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d5a4c8e9bd&e=492cc49626>

Following the screening Andrew will join experts in a panel to discuss
issues raised by the film, with particular attention placed on drones,
nuclear arms and Germany's own role in this dark marketplace. The 3rd
largest arms exporter worldwide, German weapons are commonplace on the
battlefield, most recently used by UAE soldiers in Yemen. They are also
found throughout the crisis zones of the world, evading export controls to
end up in the hands of child soldiers, militia and drug lords.

*PANELISTS*

   - Andrew Feinstein - author 'The Shadow World', activist and Executive
   Director Corruption Watch UK
   - Lisa Ling, Drone Whistleblower, Former Drone System Technical Sergeant
   - Otfried Nassauer - Director the Berlin Information Center for
   Transatlantic Security
   - Dr. Barbara Happe, Political Scientist
   - Jean Peters - Activist and artist Peng Collectiv

Thu 11 May: NKpresents: Klaxxoncallosum + Clinton Green #301

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Klaxxoncallosum - of Inconclusion*
To meticulously construct tools which impede the structure. Dedicated
electronic automation, painstakingly developed to hinder productivity.
Unleashed agency programmed to deactivate. Spend hours learning how to put
up with problems. Make technology work against yourself. Defeat the
opportunity to complete personal goals. Maintain new devices, at geat
personal expense to administer human de-optimisation. of Inconclusion

*Clinton Green - Turntable performance*
Performance with prepared turntables
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5d5eb473f4&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2465614e2d&e=492cc49626>
Friday 12 May: SCOPE presents: timodufner / Van Ta #302
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

*timodufner - Tribute to Distler*
Tribute to Distler is a machine learning performance based on my previous
work "Markov Chain". Neuronal Networks and Markov Chains analyst Hugo
Distler's Totentanz from 1934. Images of the original painting, medical
data, historical facts as well as audio date are fed to the machine
learning cluster generating a new version of the original composition every
time it's started over. The simulation shows the working of neurons,
networks and their connections.

*Van Ta - AV live*
Digital, audiovisual and noisy landscapes. From point to line and then
surface.
thomasvanta.net
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=cd2ebf8db4&e=492cc49626>

Event presented by SCOPE - curated by Jem the Misfit

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=41bae27075&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3499a3602e&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0a85998b22&e=492cc49626>
Distler Stream 2017 B Seite short
Sat 13 May: Liz Allbee & Alberto de Campo & Hannes Hoelzl #303
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

*Liz Allbee & Alberto de Campo & Hannes Hoelzl*
(3 * 1) != (1 x 3) - An evening with three solos and a trio set

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=630513a534&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8024d5ccbb&e=492cc49626>
Sunday 14 May: Sound Anatomy XIII: Yan Jun, Diemo Schwarz & Richard Scott
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

*Yan Jun - feedback solo Duet:  Diemo Schwarz - electronics/CataRT  Richard
Scott - analogue synthesizer*

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1b27b4858c&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=24c6061189&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=210e51bd7a&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=374a2e41df&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fbe721eb11&e=492cc49626>
[image: Instagram]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=331e2b369a&e=492cc49626>
Instagram
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e831f6b8b3&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b846dc032e&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a3345c0b1e&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=967f3986fa&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ec4e169afc&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>