[resource-net] 30 March at panke.gallery: launch of first panke.gallery edition and live sound night

Milena Cerniakaite milena.cerniakaite at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:23:04 CEST 2017

*panke.gallery Edition 001
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1833989453533336/>*

30 March - 07 April 2017 | Thu, Fri 1 pm - 7 pm and Sat 3 pm - 8 pm

*Launch: 30 March 2017, 7 pm – 9 pm*

*panke.gallery <http://panke.gallery/exhibition/claire_edition>*

Address: Gerichtstr. 23, Hof 5. 13347, Wedding, Berlin

*ABOUT THE EDITION*

Panke.gallery's first edition features Berlin-based artist Claire Tolan
with her work SHUSH Tones, a series of ringtones for iOS and Android.

“SHUSH Tones were created by SHUSH SYSTEMS in the early autumn of 2015.
SHUSH SYSTEMS predicts SHUSH, a nascent fork of ASMR, and develops
strategies for the deployment of SHUSH upon its arrival in our world. SHUSH
will come as an answer to the crippling sublime that the individual
experiences in the face of complex, planetary-scale systems – climate (and
its change), finance, computing. SHUSH will rebase our megastructures,
refactor our systems, and reformat our consciousness’s. SHUSH demands the
end of this world and the inauguration of the next one. And yet, for now,
there it remains, hanging on the horizon, always approaching but never
arriving, crystalised as a to-come. SHUSH is left-behind even as it becomes
later and later for its scheduled appointment. What is up with SHUSH? We
appreciate your feedback as together we await SHUSH-to-come. You can reach
us by mailing HUSH at sign SHUSH dot sign SYSTEMS.” (*from the website’s
description*)

For this edition Claire Tolan produced *EXCLUSIVE* sets of new SHUSH TONES!

SHUSH BASILISK - TRUTH TO SHUSH - BAYESIAN SHUSH - RARE EARTH TONES - SHUSH
VULN - SHUSH YOKE

*ARTIST*

Claire Tolan <http://cst.yt/>

Since 2013, much of Claire Tolan’s work has found its foundation in the
sounds of ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. Tolan has hosted
"You’re Worth It,“ an ASMR show on Berlin Community Radio for three years.
She has also worked with ASMR in performance, recording, and exhibition,
collaborating with musician Holly Herndon, writer and artist Inger Wold
Lund, and artist Camilla Steinum, among others. Tolan was the 2015
Goethe-Institut and SPACE Perlin Noise sound artist-in-residence at
London’s White Building and a 2016 Berlin Musicboard Fellow. At present,
Tolan is developing an ASMR-inspired tabletop role-playing game (RPG)
system, die Siedler von SHUSH.

*Panke.gallerySound Night: Tõle, Rco, GG1 records
<https://www.facebook.com/events/290053304746399/> (live)*

*30 March 2017,  9 pm – 2 am*

*panke.gallery <http://panke.gallery/event/soundnight01>*

Address: Gerichtstr. 23, Hof 5. 13347, Wedding, Berlin

entry fee - 5€

*ARTISTS:*

TÕLE aims to create compositions rather than tracks, force rather than
melody, and shifting details rather than clear patterns. The music project
of Berlin and Prague-based visual artist Martin Kohout, TOLE combines ideas
from his artistic practice and research with his own recordings and
production.

RCO is an artist collective that wires up everyday objects and that
develops numerous circuitry to generate and experiment in sounds and
noises. A variety of devices and noise sources are arranged in interactive
feedback-loops and polyphonic sound installations. Live RCO assembles
momentary and improvised setups that consider specifics of the particular
space and its situation and integrates these into the continuously changing
acoustical environment.

Jee Young Sim + Sinead Meaney (Gg1 Records) Gg1 is a record label focusing
mainly on women artists in electronic music. For panke.gallery sound night,
Gg1 premieres live-sets by Sinéad Meaney and Jee.

best,
*panke.gallery <http://panke.gallery/>*