[resource-net] Shared Matters @ >top Schillerpalais

Mindaugas Gapševičius mi_ga at o-o.lt
Mon Mar 27 13:06:53 CEST 2017

Shared Matters
Opening: 1st of April 2017, 7pm
Location: >top Schillerpalais, Schillerpromenade 4, 12049 Berlin

Dataflow and BioArt courses at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar come
together to showcase and test drive their explorations dealing with
networking and symbiosis, while touching upon an understanding of
aesthetics and the environment that goes beyond the human sphere.
Loosely connected to Bruno Latour’s actor-network-theory and Donna
Haraway’s symbiotic kin-making, these experiments incorporate real-time
computer interfaces using video, sound and movement, as well as intra-
and interspecies interaction between bacteria, protists and fungi.

How do organisms share their time and space with other organisms? What
are the borders between living and non-living? Can, for example, a robot
“be alive”? How can we understand a transgenic organism? Might a fully
synthesized organism endanger human species? How do machines interact
when we allow them to communicate with each other? Can we have an
aesthetic experience through autonomous tools independent of human
intervention?

The exhibition is kindly supported by >top e.V.. Encouraged by the
Bauhaus University Weimar and its Media Environments chair (Prof. Ursula
Damm). Mediated by Mindaugas Gapševičius.

Participants (Randomized): Fernanda Caicedo, Kei Kitamura, Robert
Metzner, Maike Effenberg, Denis Polec, Tupac Torres, Alejandro Weyler,
Ayla Güney, María López Valdez, Raphael Schardt, Freya Probst, Dimitri
Engelhardt, Jakob Wulfert

More info:
http://www.top-ev.de/
https://www.uni-weimar.de/en/art-and-design/chairs/media-environments/