[resource-net] SPEKTRUM program: 19-25 June 2017

Lieke Ploeger lieke at spektrumberlin.de
Mon Jun 19 15:32:28 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/29e76474b26c/spektrum-program-24-30-april-2295089?e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Mon 19 June: Cryptoparty <#m_-6003167738291113451_monday>
   - Tue 20 June: Community night: movLab #15 / SCS #39
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_tuesday> & MadeByUs
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_madebyus>
   - Wed 21 June: Smell Lab #20: 2 year anniversary party
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_wednesday>
   - Fri 23 June: Luigi Marino / Maria Chavez #318
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_friday>
   - Sat 24 & Sun 25 June, 14:00 - 16:00 Art Space Neukölln tour
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_tour>
   - Sat 24 June: D/B presents: Scald Rougish and Faru
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_saturday>
   - Sun 25 June: Sound Portraits #19: Kaija Saariaho
   <#m_-6003167738291113451_sunday>

*For all events: free entrance for refugees / 50% discount Trump Ban
countries*
[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e30997ef89&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=432222927f&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=833ff2ec29&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b8711e2e7a&e=492cc49626>
Mon 19 June: Cryptoparty

*CryptoParty*
Doors: 19:00 / Start time: 19:30 - *free entrance*

Learn and teach how to use basic cryptography tools in a relaxed and
respectful atmosphere. No prior knowledge required: curiosity, wanting to
learn, asking questions is all that's needed. Bringing your laptop or
smartphone would be useful.

CryptoParty
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ef56bbde8e&e=492cc49626>
is
a global, decentralized initiative to introduce the most basic
cryptography programs & fundamental concepts of their operation to the
general public. Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=81f4c4d75f&e=492cc49626>
Tue 20 June: movLab #15 / SCS #39
*Start time: 19:30*

Community meeting of the movLab
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c6ff7ab01b&e=492cc49626>
- a place for researching ways to digitize motion and the human body and to
make the data accessible for further use in VR, gaming, stage performance
or art.

The Sonic Code Sessions
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eb50f4d46f&e=492cc49626>
aim to provide a time and place for self directed and collaborative
learning + experimentation. If you would like to free yourself from the
limitations that come with traditional music software, this is for you! We
occasionaly do jam sessions and plan group performances.
MadeByUs Meetup
*19:00 - 22:00 in the makerlab*

Don't call it a comeback, we're back to building the lasercutter! Let's
keeping putting in the final pieces. The 3D printers and vinyl cutter are
also available for use.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6bc338297f&e=492cc49626>

Wednesday 21 June: Smell Lab #20: 2 year anniversary party

Start time 19:30 - *free entrance*

Come celebrate with us our 2 year anniversary of Smell Lab Berlin
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=04a4d33488&e=492cc49626>
!
We'll have a retrospective including some surprises (we found some smells
from the past)! Please bring a smell to share, in a sealed unmarked glass
container - we make a game together...
And bring, if you like, some snacks with you, we will do too!
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e37a5c2673&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ae15e642a8&e=492cc49626>
Friday 23 June: Luigi Marino / Maria Chavez #318

Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Maria Chavez - solo turntable performance*
Improvisation with 1 turntable and broken records

*Luigi Marino - The Pale Skin and the Mental Maze*
The Pale Skin and the Mental Maze deals with intuitive decision-making and
the computer's emergent behavior. It is, actually, all about the
equilibrium between these two elements. I play a digital synth, designed to
be quickly reactive to my spontaneous gestures; an interactive system
analyzes my gestures and the sound produced by the synth, and provides a
slower and more tangential response. This tangential response is defined by
the means of algorithmic composition and provides a sense of
self-containment and responsibility for the extemporary gestures. The
responsibiltiy of the performer is very concrete indeed, for the
interactive system moves through its different phases and evolves only as a
response to certain gestures.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5eaef51407&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e7e16c3c36&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b141cb2603&e=492cc49626>
The Pale Skin and The Mental Maze - Excerpt
Sat 24 and Sun 25 June, 14:00-16:00: Guided tour

The platform *Art Spaces Neukölln*
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fcdaec65e4&e=492cc49626>
invites you to their initiative: guided tours during the 48 Stunden
Neukölln festival 2017. 18 Art Spaces in Neukölln joined forces and open
their doors: visitors are invited to explore by themselves, enter into
dialogue with the art space directors, gallery owners and artists or be
guided to locations by artists.

The guided tour in Quartier 1 will visit five exciting art spaces in
Neukölln: SOMOS, SPEKTRUM, SCHWARZ CONTEMPORARY, ZÖNOTÉKA,
FUNCK[ ]RAUM.

   - Saturday 24 June and Sunday 25 June, 14:00 - 16:00
   - Free entrance
   - Starting point: SomoS, Kottbusser Damm 95, 10967 Berlin

Sat 24 June: D/B presents: Scald Rougish and Faru
*Scald Rougish and Faru LIVE*
Decks: D/B Sound System
Doors 19:30 / Start 20:00 - entrance 6-10 euro

As a release event for his new record Idioal Oifrmech on Ge-stell
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=12a562faa1&e=492cc49626>
Scald
Rougish aka Amhain
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=efcf173020&e=492cc49626>
will
perform a live concert of his dark experimental sound at SPEKTRUM
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c2401acb11&e=492cc49626>
in
Neukölln this June. Also performing on the evening will be Faru
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=70b19badfd&e=492cc49626>,
whose sublime ambience reflects moods and textures discovered in the
natural kingdom.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5c16bb4f49&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=79a4da2b9f&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5d8d3a83d3&e=492cc49626>
Faru ~ Gunung Bromo
Sunday 25 June: Sound Portraits #19: Kaija Saariaho
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Limited seats: please come on time*

Sound Portraits is a series of listening sessions, curated by Doron Sadja,
focusing on the work of iconic composers who have paved the way for
contemporary electronic music. After a short introduction of each artist's
life and work, we will listen to a selection of excerpts and complete works
from the artist’s repertoire.

*This session: Kaija Saariaho *
Kaija Saariahois a Finnish composer whose style is a melange of spectralism
and musique concrete. Sonically her works are rich, textural and etherial
and she regularly combines live music and electronics. She was one of the
founding members the “Ears Open Society”, a collective formed in the 1977
to bring import, advocate and perform contemporary classical music in
Finland. Saariaho then became the first woman to work at IRCAM, the
computer music research institute in Paris in 1982. In addition to the
traditional listening session, tonight’s Sound Portraits will feature a
live performance of Saariaho’s work ‘Vent Nocturne’ for viola and
electronics, performed by Doreen Ooi.

This event is part of the 48 stunden Neukölln festival
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6d06991798&e=492cc49626>
.

*Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f8473460d0&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f7df94b464&e=492cc49626>
// http://sound-portraits.tumblr.com/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=609455d9bc&e=492cc49626>*

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=602b901289&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fca4d0699b&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0b9057785e&e=492cc49626>
[image: Instagram]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=70a5495911&e=492cc49626>
Instagram
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=243fb74c79&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e46910caf5&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3efcc268b7&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=99fbee2c4d&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=90c4c82b4d&e=492cc49626>
SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>