[resource-net] [resrouce-net]: SPEKTRUM program: 10-16 July 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:02:14 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/0ae00420f1d0/spektrum-program-24-30-april-2310461?e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Mon 10 July: XEN assemblage #5 <#m_835205256789555148_monday>
   - Tue 11 July: Community night: VJ open lab #1
   <#m_835205256789555148_tuesday>
   - Wed 12 July: Berlin Modular: BYOK part troix
   <#m_835205256789555148_wednesday>
   - Thu 13 July: AA..LL / Duchamp #327 <#m_835205256789555148_tour>
   - Fri 14 July: Jethro Cooke / Morten Poulsen #328
   <#m_835205256789555148_friday>
   - Sat 15 July: Rinus Van Alebeek // Pas Musique #329
   <#m_835205256789555148_saturday>
   - Sun 16 July: XEN presents 'Tell Me When You Die' trilogy #330
   <#m_835205256789555148_sunday>

*Summer action: Help promote our events on your Facebook wall: the first 10
people that show us their posted message at the door will get free entrance
to the event (posting must include a personal message and a link to the
event at least 24h before it starts) *
[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9e3ec9a0af&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e1509b099d&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b96d4113ef&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5894d0b8ca&e=492cc49626>
Monday 10 July: XEN Assemblage #5

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Free entrance*

This XenoEntities Network
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=68b2fdf865&e=492cc49626>’s
(XEN) assemblage  #5 we will discuss issues related with our following
programs with Amber Bemack and Nadia Granados, who will present two films
on the 16th and a performance on the 21st. On this note, this Assemblage
takes on the current debate of same-sex marriage which just got approved in
Germany to debate matters related to the geopolitics of matrimony and how
these intersect with queer politics.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0f2b8cb59b&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2c5cc16786&e=492cc49626>
Tuesday 11 July: Community night: VJ open lab #1
*A live space for visual minds and bodies*

Start time: 19:30 - free entrance

*VJ Open Lab *offers the Berlin VJ Community a monthly meeting for
inspiration, experimentation, and exchanging of ideas and knowledge in the
live video field. Initiated by the VJ Women workshop group formed in
Spektrum in spring 2017, VJ Open Lab is a collaborative platform without
hierarchy that values joint efforts, partnership, and initiative. VJ Open
Lab is open to anyone interested in live visual arts and Vjing. Beginners
and visitors are also welcome to join.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bf48001868&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7822fe6ff1&e=492cc49626>
Wednesday 12 July: Berlin Modular 11: BYOK part troix

Time: 18:00 - 23:00

Do you have that one kit you never dare to touch? Grab it and come over –
build it with us. We will bring the tools, you bring the kit – and leave
with a wonderful new toy for your modular synth. Solder in a splendid
community and enjoy cold beverages (also hot if you want).

Grab your Kits! PS: No registration needed – just come!

More Details through https://www.facebook.com/groups/950119488467836/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eb84871f1a&e=492cc49626>
Thursday 13 July: AA..LL / Duchamp #327

Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)

*DuChamp - A blazing world*
Another world, or a world upside down. Illusion of control.

*AA..LL *
AA..LL (Berlin) creates experimental sound collages with analogue
electronics and taped reality - responding to the movement of body and mind
and building a connection to human transitoriness.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=13330fc1d5&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9036567fd1&e=492cc49626>
Friday 14 July: Jethro Cooke / Morten Poulsen #328

Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Audiovisual performance night with: Jethro Cooke - Asterism*
Asterism is a homemade audio-visual software synthesiser which uses
principles of wave-terrain synthesis to generate complex sounds with
dynamic visualisations from simple audio control signals. It sounds
complicated, but really it's just a pair of white pixels dancing round a
screen, drawing pretty patterns and freaking out to fun sounds. Inspired by
oscilloscope art, Asterism is about finding personality, meaning and
emotion in abstract forms.

*Morten Poulsen - Solo*
The composer and sound artist Morten Poulsen (DK) will be performing solo
focusing on spatially diffused colliding pulses created from custom build
electronics, presented through electro-mechanical membranes.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8793e34f09&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f01a07dcb8&e=492cc49626>
[image: Asterism 2.0 Opening Sequence HD]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8a036b8cee&e=492cc49626>
Asterism 2.0 Opening Sequence HD
Sat 15 July: Rinus Van Alebeek // Pas Musique #329
Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Pas Musique - Sound Performance*
Experimental, electronic

*Rinus Van Alebeek - How to Forget*
Playback and mix of recordings on tape, using various tape machines

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=057f013941&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=37dbe25943&e=492cc49626>
[image: Rinus van Alebeek live @ Epsilonia]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5516872cad&e=492cc49626>
Rinus van Alebeek live @ Epsilonia
Sunday 25 June: Sound Portraits #19: Kaija Saariaho
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance: 4 -7 € (up to your offer) / Limited seats, please come on time*
- program curated by Pedro Marum and Rita Macedo

Divided into two sessions, on the 16th and 21st of July, XenoEntities
Network
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fda303be37&e=492cc49626>
(XEN)
has the pleasure to present the work of *Nadia Granados *(Colombia/Mexico)
and *Amber Bemak* (United States). Their work explores how geopolitical
mechanisms of power, such as imperialism and globalization, mediate
relationships and intimacy, bodies and sexual encounters, through their own
relationship as two female lovers. Using video and performance, Amber and
Nadia denounce the topographies of violence drawn by national and
bureaucratic borders, exposing how these spatial operations are testified
by their gendered and sexualized bodies.

*'TELL ME WHEN YOU DIE' TRILOGY*
The screening will comprise the first two parts of the trilogy TELL ME WHEN
YOU DIE, while the third part is still in the making.

   - #1 TELL ME WHEN YOU DIE explores the juxtapositions between physical
   limitations and freedom, in both political and corporal contexts. It is
   about walking until you disappear into space. Being swallowed by sea, sky,
   or earth and the claustrophobia and intimacy of being surrounded by nature.
   We consider penetration as a cinematic rhythm, and experiment/perform being
   penetrated by air, water, fingers, and text. Thinking about porn as a genre
   which can be empowering or degrading in it’s engagement with women and
   their bodies, we use our own bodies to picture these extremes, at times our
   bodies are performing power and at times they are not. We also utilize our
   bodies in a satirical sense to experiment with presentations of gender, in
   relation to each other and our surroundings.
   - BORDERHOLE #2 takes place on a mythical border area between Colombia
   and the United States. We investigate the relationship between North and
   South America through the lens of the American Dream and the illumination
   of multiple tensions in and around the border. The piece explores
   imperialism, globalization through pop music, selfies, the gender mutant in
   an international context, and the choreography of women’s bodies in
   relation to sociopolitical and ecosystems.

The screening will be followed by Q&A with the artists.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f50d424ebd&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=297392eec6&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f99f630b43&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eda1184d2e&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9a788b18ba&e=492cc49626>
[image: Instagram]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=70255399ba&e=492cc49626>
Instagram
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c79d1330b2&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=144f81d0d3&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ce2229ba70&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3ad24e70e8&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=25d883fd45&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>