[resource-net] SPEKTRUM program: 9-15 January 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:52:40 CET 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=641126de47&e=492cc49626>
*This week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Monday 9 Jan: Workshop Electro-acoustic sound art production for women
   part II <#m_3125083477173008461_monday>
   - Tuesday 10 Jan: Berlin Modular Session 5 «The Jam»
   <#m_3125083477173008461_tuesday>
   - Wednesday 11 Jan: Tecla Gato & Eric Wong #248
   <#m_3125083477173008461_wednesday> & MadeByUs builds
   <#m_3125083477173008461_wednesday1>
   - Thursday 12 Jan: Emra Grid & Felix Binder / Düsseldorf By Nigh & Doron
   Sadja #249 <#m_3125083477173008461_thursday>
   - Friday 13 Jan: SCOPE presents: Matt Burnett / Samuel Hertz & Jack
   Samels #250 <#m_3125083477173008461_friday>
   - Saturday 14 Jan: Underground Sound of Tokyo: Kazehito Seki / Dj Memai
   / HUH #251 <#m_3125083477173008461_saturday>
   - Sunday 15 Jan: Sneak Preview + Diskussion: Shot In The Dark #252
   <#m_3125083477173008461_sunday>

*Exhibition #8: DARK SCIENCE*

   - From 26-29 January 2017 - read more <#m_3125083477173008461_workshop3>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=10a2f62296&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=374eeb71fc&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d41644f3f2&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=88d72b8cf6&e=492cc49626>
Monday 9 Jan: Workshop Electro-acoustic sound art production for women PART
II

   - Time: from 19:00 – 22:00
   - Fee 30 Euro pro participant
   - Limited to 15 participants
   - Language: English/German
   - More infos: veromota.urbanartsberlin at gmail.com
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=20686dc480&e=492cc49626>
or
   through FB event
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2fa5e6db17&e=492cc49626>

This is the second and final part of the first workshop hold at Spektrum on
December the 19th. In this second part we will explore Ableton Live in more
detail. Audio Effects, Instruments, Recording, Audio-Editing and audio
mixdowns. All participants will create a 10 minute sound art composition by
themselves using all the elements learned in this second shot. We have
reached the max. amount of participants for this workshop. If there is
interest we might rerun it in the near future.
Tuesday 10 Jan: Berlin Modular Session 5 «The Jam

Start time: 18:00 / free entrance

*Berlin Modular* aims to bring the modular synthesizer, the experience of
building one, and it's luscious sounds to all people and aliens alike. We
want to meet up with other enthusiasts to: build modular synthesizers, plan
future events, share demonstrations and performances with.

If you have some live modular sounds you would like to try out on a nice
system here is your chance. Before and after the focused performances there
will be a modular jam session - all are welcome - no rules.... We look
forward to seeing you and enjoying each others sounds! If there is demand
we can set up a small laid back soldering area, but since we will do berlin
modular once a month, it would be nice to focus on some sounds this time!

To reserve a spot, please email berlinmodular at gmail.com or write a short
notice to Michael Schmidt through Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=45fe710934&e=492cc49626>.
You
can also find us on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c6717e5634&e=492cc49626>
.
Wed 11 Jan: MadeByUs LaserBuild

>From 18:00 - 22:00 in the makerlab

Join us as we continue to build our DIY open source lasercutter, the
Lasersaur! No experience needed as we continue to make our own tools for
digital fabrication!

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=dba8621541&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ed331433ed&e=492cc49626>

*Supported by the Senatskanzlei - Kulturelle Angelegenheiten
Spartenübergreifende Förderung künstlerischer und kultureller Projekte*
Wednesday 11 Jan: Tecla Gato & Eric Wong #248

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Sound art night featuring: TECLA GATO (#)* is formed by artists from
different generations of the improv scene in Buenos Aires. The concept
suggested by their improvisations proposes the mixture of acoustic sound
with the addition of sound objects, electronics and processed voices. They
often utilize in their performances graphic scores of their own creation as
a blueprint for improvisations. In this trio's sound pursuit, the organic
and the electronic blend together revealing textures where mutant,
amorphous landscapes are suggested, that evoke an almost lovecraftian
cosmology, creating kaleidoscopic moments and oneiric sensations.
The trio consist of: Gustavo Obligado, Caro Tierhs, Pablo Vazquez.

*Eric Wong* - Born 1981 in Minneapolis, MN, grew up in Hong Kong, studied
Psychology at the University of Minnesota. He is a sound artist and
improviser. Although he has taken some lessons at younger age, he is pretty
much an autodidact. He focuses on free improvisation, with the endeavor to
explore new sounds.
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=320e62edd5&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d14ee575b5&e=492cc49626>
Thursday 12 Jan: Emra Grid & Felix Binder / Düsseldorf By Nigh & Doron
Sadja #249

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Performance by Emra Grid (sound) & Felix Binder (visuals)*
The mood is for the most part murkily poignant and nostalgic without being
direct; like finding a badly blurred photograph taken on a night you can’t
fully remember, combined with visuals based on feedback, shaders and
abstract landscaping.

*Düsseldorf By Night & Doron Sadja - A Sound Meeting Between Two Berlin
Streets*
Berlin based sound artist Doron Sadja (12K, ATAK, Shinkoyo Records) from
the US teams up with Swedish experimental act Düsseldorf by Night (Lamour
Records) for an improvised sound art happening. By the use of field
recordings from two Berlin streets the two acts will enter into a sound
dialogue with each other. Sadja comes armed with field recordings from
Samariterstraße street in Friedrichshain and Düsseldorf by Night brings
field recordings emanating from Sophienstraße in Mitte. A sound art
improvisation using only these elements takes place live in front of the
audience.
 Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=02f05e557b&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b48d1a3766&e=492cc49626>
[image: @ Kantine Berghain: Felix Binder & senko @ Crazy Languge |
Mindwaves]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0b7fab43cd&e=492cc49626>
@ Kantine Berghain: Felix Binder & senko @ Crazy Languge | Mindwaves
Friday 13 Jan: SCOPE presents: Matt Burnett / Samuel Hertz & Jack Samels
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

*Audiovisual & sound art night with performances by:*

   - *Matt Burnett*
   His interests center on the musicality of textured sound, and the
   composition and performance possibilities presented by the quadraphonic
   listening space.
   - *Samuel Hertz (sound) & Jack Samels (visuals)*
   Samuel Hertz
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=586c69c9e4&e=492cc49626>,
   composer and performer, received his MFA at Mills College, where he studied
   composition and electronic music with Pauline Oliveros, Fred Frith, and
   Zeena Parkins. He is currently part of two working groups as an
   artist-researcher for the Anthropocene Curriculum in association with Haus
   der Kulturen der Welt/Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, and
   co-organizes at Liebig12 (Berlin). . This piece is performed in
   collaboration with video by Amsterdam-based Jack Samels
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=83dde27687&e=492cc49626>
   *,* an Amsterdam-based artist and designer, maker of things and composer
   of forms.

Event presented by SCOPE - curated by AudeRrose
http://scopesessions.org/about/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1fd91f2a9e&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1d72438e2d&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9b3a28cf56&e=492cc49626>
[image: Moon Peel]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=aa7da57a60&e=492cc49626>
Moon Peel (Jack Samels)
Sat 14 Jan: Underground Sound of Tokyo: Kazehito Seki / Dj Memai / HUH #251
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

What is the underground sound of tokyo? When JAPANOISE and its derivatives
climbed out of Tokyo's scene and into the eyes of the world in 1990-2000's,
did their DIY, punk, hardcore just end? This talk is about how the japanese
scene these days looks like and rather than listening to westerns, talking
about it, we will hear live examples from three extremely active artists:

   - *Kazehito Seki / Organic Voice Noise*
   - *Dj Memai / 音楽か?ジャンルか?*
   - *HUH / HELL HELL YOU, HOLY HOLY ME*

The talk will be moderated by *Pedro Lopes*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=90bdba4067&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7e494bc40b&e=492cc49626>
Sun 15 Jan: Sneak Preview + Diskussion: Shot In The Dark #252
Doors: 18:30 / Start time: 19:00
*Entrance: 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Sneak Preview of the Film Shot In The Dark *(original version with German
subtitles)
Afterwords *panel discussion The Photographic and the Mind’s Eye* (in
German) with blind and sighted panelists. Gerald Pirner (arts-essayist,
Berlin), Andrea Gnam (photography-historian, Karlsruhe and Wien) and Frank
Amann (director and cinematographer, Berlin). Moderation: Lena Hoffmann. An
audiodescription of the film in German is available with the app Greta -
http://www.gretaundstarks.de/greta/movie/183
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=da1e89d994&e=492cc49626>

*A blind person is probably the least person you’d expect to be a
photographer. Shot in the Drk is an intimate portrait of three successful
artists who have one thing in common: visual impairment as a starting point
for their visual explorations. This film poses fundamental questions about
seeing and the imagination and enriches our understanding of perception and
creation. We all close our eyes in sleep, the sighted and blind alike, and
in our dreams – we see.*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=578239823a&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eb3ea2a3c3&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e16d0efeed&e=492cc49626>
Trailer - Shot In the Dark
Exhibition #8: DARK SOCIETY / DARK SCIENCE

*26-27-28-29 January 2017*

*Curated by Alfredo Ciannameo Part of the transmediale/CTM Vorspiel 2017
festival*

/// PROGRAM

   - Opening: Fri 26 Jan 18:00
   - Running daily 15:00 - 23:00
   - Conference/Performance: Sunday 29 Jan at 20:00
   - Entrance 5-10 euro (up to your offer)

/// CONCEPT
The exhibition Dark Science presents artistic works approaching specific
phenomena focusing on their physicality by means of the paradox underlaying
our human relation to them in terms of states of absence, immateriality,
evanescence and void. This pushes the boundaries of our imagination and
reflects a constant need to sense and understand levels of the physical
world in an observable and measurable matter. Traces and shadows of those
transitory presences become the territory of exploration for artists with
different approaches from an intentionality on presenting a direct
experience of the phenomena to the impact these elements produce indirectly
in our culture and society.

Works presented:

   - Labofactory (Jean-Marc Chomaz, Laurent Karst
   & Gaétan Lerisson): VOID SPACES
   - Michael Kugler & Sebastian Wolf: BRUME
   - Luiz Zanotello: THE AEROGRAPHER
   - Giovanni Salice: NANOSOUND

*More information
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c3853e60a5&e=492cc49626>
// Join
event on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7ac1519695&e=492cc49626>*

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ec2df2169f&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=72d36fa229&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6eb8d63e20&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7aa882e4e8&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=dad9cabde7&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7a982ac3cf&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b9d2fe99a5&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>