[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 2-8 January 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 14:58:46 CET 2017

Happy new year to everyone!

Best, Lieke

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fa27ef146a&e=492cc49626>
*This week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Tuesday 3 Jan: Smell Lab #17: Games edition 2 / Sonic Code Sessions
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_tuesday>
   - Wednesday 4 Jan: Projection mapping meetup / MadeByUs 2017
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_wednesday>
   - Thursday 5 Jan: Yan Jun / Axel Dörner #246
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_thursday>
   - Friday 6 Jan: DAWN / Henrik von Coler #247
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_friday>
   - Saturday 7 Jan: Sound Anatomy X: Joke Lanz & Richard Scott, Margaret
   Rorison <#m_-5077072255671159431_saturday>
   - Sunday 8 Jan: Light Movement 17: Jeff Keen
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_sunday>

*Upcoming workshops at SPEKTRUM*

   - 9 Jan: Electro-acoustic sound art production for women - part 2
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_workshop1>
   - 6-10 Feb: CC4AV workshop: Advanced live visuals with Max/MSP
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_workshop2>
   - 25-26 Feb: Projection mapping with the Raspberry Pi
   <#m_-5077072255671159431_workshop3>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=af1e4bdc12&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5211ae0892&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ce891619ed&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=121daad5a3&e=492cc49626>
Tuesday 3 Jan: Smell Lab #17: Games edition pt. 2 / Sonic Code Sessions

Start time: 19:30

*Front room:* During the last *Smell Lab* meet up (20 Dec) we had a
wonderful session were we suggested possible game themes in order to team
up in groups so we can make those games happen. During the Smell Lab #17 we
will continue working and designing our games! If you don't have a group
you can join one or form a new one with any theme you find interesting by
showing up on the meetup. Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bf5d4c75bf&e=492cc49626>

In the *back room,* the* Sonic Code Sessions* provide a time and place for
self directed and collaborative learning + experimentation. If you would
like to free yourself from the limitations that come with traditional music
software, this is for you! We occasionaly do jam sessions and plan group
performances. Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e079c7f114&e=492cc49626>

You can also find us on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0553d96132&e=492cc49626>
.
Wed 4 Jan: MadeByUs 2017

>From 18:00 - 22:00 in the makerlab

Welcome to the Future! Let's meet up, talk plans for the new year, and keep
building our robotic friend, the Lasersaur!

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=cd9060bd2f&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=859327a561&e=492cc49626>

*Community meetups supported by the Senatskanzlei - Kulturelle
Angelegenheiten Spartenübergreifende Förderung künstlerischer und
kultureller Projekte*
Projection mapping meetup

*Community meetup*
Start time: 19:30 - front room

Once a month we meet to experience the power of the Raspberry Pi through
augmenting the reality with the help of projection mapping. We are going to
learn projection mapping by doing it with preconfigured Raspberry-Pi-based
workstations. It is also the time and place to find help if you are having
trouble with your Raspberry Pi creative coding project.

Participants are invited to bring their own projects, ideas and knowledge.
Presentations, openFrameworks-related questions, burning SD cards, videos,
music and art. If you just got a Pi and have no idea how to, come, we will
boot it up!

You can also find us on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=61479464fe&e=492cc49626>
Thursday 5 Jan: Yan Jun / Axel Dörner #246

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Sound art night with performances by Yan Jun and Axel Dörner*

*Yan Chun* is a sound artist and poet and was born in Lanzhou in 1973. He
is based in Beijing and currently lives in Berlin for an artist residency
(DaaD). He is working on improvised and experimental sound art, field
recording, organizing and writing. Alongside of at venues, he goes to
audience’s home to play with the environment and what else available in the
room (Living Room Tour project) and does noise hypnotizing at any place for
small amount of audiences. He is also amplifying body movements or other
performative elements in a simple manner. He is a member of FEN, Tea
Rockers Quintet and Impro Committee and founder of the guerrilla label Sub
Jam.

*Axel Dörner *has for the past 20 years developed a large vocabulary of
techniques and sounds, combined into a highly personal language. Among
others, he has collaborated with Phil Minton, Rudi Mahall, Kevin Drumm,
Paul Lovens, Alexander von Schlippenbach, Sven-Åke Johansson, Sam Rivers,
George Lewis, Evan Parker, Zeena Parkins, Lol Coxhill, Mats Gustafsson,
Günter Christmann, Barry Guy, Andrea Neumann and Annette Krebs.
 Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=84e849b4ed&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f33cee04f4&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=52b4a74517&e=492cc49626>
Yan Jun 颜峻 live at LUFF 2012
Friday 6 Jan: DAWN / Henrik von Coler #247
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

*D A W N (Sahar Homami & Or Sarfati) - R Ä A H*
R Ä A H, is a generative live audiovisual composition. For this piece, the
artists aim to question the essence of audio-visual relationships in an
environment where the image is the trigger for sound whereas classically it
is the other way round. “RÄAH” assembles various audiovisual paths and
generates an abstract procedure of movement. R Ä A H (In Farsi meaning
method or manner of doing something), is an intersection of MOVEMENT,
INTERACTION and LIVENESS. Movement is the basis for the creation of the
environment. Interaction occurs between the image and sound and their
relation with the artists. The piece acts like an organic form that can be
translated into various media. It supports the idea of procedural
liveness—how the machine performs—and aims to put it in parallel with
aesthetic liveness—human performance and improvisation- that takes place
within its carefully crafted structure. http://www.dawnav.com/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d92b430013&e=492cc49626>

*Henrik von Coler - Two Works for Processed Recordings*
"The Flamingos at Lake Natron" (2016, 11'10") and "The Owsley Stanley
Duality" (2016, 13'30") are two works of a recent series for processed
field recordings and closeups, live processing and spatialization – from
grainy to drony – arranged for a quadraphonic setup.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=ec0d3177b6&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=597a2dad83&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=be1d4281e8&e=492cc49626>
RÄAH | Live AudioVisual Performance
Sat 7 Jan:  Sound Anatomy X: Joke Lanz & Richard Scott, Margaret Rorison
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)*

The tenth event in our Sound Anatomy concert series at Spektrum Berlin will
be a long threatened collaboration between Berliners turntablist *Joke Lanz
and Richard Scott*, analogue synthesisier, with Baltimore 16 mm
filmmaker *Margaret
Rorison*

https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=746c9e218d&e=492cc49626>
www.suddeninfant.com
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bf38b2ede4&e=492cc49626>
http://www.margaretrorison.com/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=22ed1e437c&e=492cc49626>

*Vinalists please note: a new years treat, a very limited number of vinyl
copies of Richard Scott's solo double LP Several Circles will be available
for purchase on the night*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d7ef2d8c32&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0731629512&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a2add5aadd&e=492cc49626>
Richard Scott “Soft Grid” live in Berlin
Sun 8 Jan: Light Movement 17: Jeff Keen
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance: 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Jeff Keen* was a poet, artist and pioneering experimental film-maker,
working across and combining media and genres to forge his singular,
subversive and highly influential perspective. He was an important
contributor to the countercultural scene in Britain, participating in
literary happenings and other events at the renowned ‘Better Books’ on
Charing Cross Road, as well as co-founding the London Film-makers Co-op
(now merged with London Video Arts to form LUX). However, his resolutely
individual take on the medium’s cross-generic possibilities always remained
on the fringes of the purely formalist avant-garde canon of experimental
film. In Keen’s films, innovative techniques of film construction and
transmission (including collage, animation, found footage, superimposed and
hand-altered film stock, and multiple screen projections) are explored
within the context of a diverse array of influences. These range from
archetypal mythologies and the art historical movements of surrealism and
romanticism to popular contemporary culture, particularly comic books and
Hollywood B-movies, resulting in works which powerfully describe the
frenetic, global world of post-war Western society. Defying the boundaries
of genre and category, Keen’s art bears testament to the presence of an
extraordinary creative universe and of a highly perceptive, radical voice
contributing to the narratives of film and twentieth century art history.

facebook.com/lightmovementseries
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a3c9a3a346&e=492cc49626>
 // light-movement.blogspot.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3c7ddf751a&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e7f59adf6c&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=275ffda581&e=492cc49626>

UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
Workshop Electro-acoustic sound art production for women PART II

   - *Monday 9 January 2017, 19:00 – 22:00 *
   - Fee 30 Euro pro participant
   - Limited to 15 participants
   - Language: English/German
   - Mentor: Veronica Mota - more info: veromota.urbanartsberlin at gmail.com

This is the second and final part of the first workshop hold at Spektrum on
19 December. In this workshop female participants will learn how to produce
their own sound works, using their own recordings (recorded in the
workshop), and further processing and presenting them using Ableton Live or
free software (Audacity). The mentor will focus on Musique Concrète
techniques mixed with electronic sound production. This electro-acoustic
workshop uses Delia Derbyshire and John Cage’s works as intellectual and
sonic reference points.

Read more // register
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=abcbf2624b&e=492cc49626>
Workshop ➝ Advanced Live Visuals with Cycling'74 software MaxMSP

*When*: ​February 6-10th, 2017
*Time*: ​10:00-16:00
*Regular price*:​ 400 EUR
*Students, self-employed*:​ 300 EUR
*Sign up / more information: *http://www.cc4av.info/2017/berlin-jitter/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a6d25c5eda&e=492cc49626>

The workshop Creative coding is a powerful tool which allows one to create
expressive and complicated structures for audio-visual artworks. This art
practice where programming is used has started in 1960s and is widely used
nowadays. During our 5-day long workshop we will focus on learning the
visual side of the MaxMSP framework.
Workshop: Projection mapping with the Raspberry Pi

*Saturday 25 - Sunday 26 February from 10:00 - 16:00 *

Have you ever set up a permanent projection mapping installation and did
not want to leave your personal computer at the venue? If so, this workshop
is for you. You would like to make ten projection mapping objects, but your
budget is too low to buy Mac Pro's? No problem. You can solve that with
ofxPiMapper. It is an open source projection mapping software, an addon for
openFrameworks that runs on the Raspberry Pi. During this two-day workshop
by Krisjanis Rijnieks
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=010aa674b6&e=492cc49626>
you
will learn about projection mapping by using the ofxPiMapper.
Read more // register
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4e39dbcd03&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4647f98d50&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f1ab387b92&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6199855e15&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=eec124de4d&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8d39dff476&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=067b3ff039&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=baf7f61d2c&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>