[resource-net] AG21c Presentation(s), Strategies & Party // SPEKTRUM program: 5-10 December 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:24:21 CET 2017

Dear all,

This email is combining two announcements in one, not to overload our list
:)

This Wednesday, 6 December, the newly founded working group 21st Century
Arts & Digital Culture
<https://www.koalition-der-freien-szene-berlin.de/2017/05/22/ueber-die-ag-21st-century-art-and-digital-culture/>
(
AG21c ) of the Koalition der Freien Szene would like to invite all of you
to get together to jointly present and celebrate our Hybrid Arts and
Digital Culture scene in Berlin. Inclusive and self-organised, AG21c aims
to lobby Berlin's political administration to support those Berlin
practitioners and organisations working across arts, science, technology,
and digital culture. The AG21c is therefore pushing Berlin's administration
to acknowledge our diverse body of works and practices as an art scene in
its own right (Kunstsparte). Our goals are better funding opportunities,
representation in grant juries, and new working spaces.

Importantly, we want AG21c to help build a stronger and connected community
around hybrid arts and digital activism, a community capable of critical
reflection on our traditions, practices, media and cultural contributions.
In these politically challenging times, we envision our various fields of
practice coming together to create new, alternative forms of collective
engagement. We want our collective artistic efforts to be recognised as
meaningful cultural contributions also outside of conventional exhibition
spaces, and thus emphasise the role of artists and cultural producers as
agents of social and political transformation.

It would be great if you are able to join us on Wednesday 6 December at
Spektrum to learn more about our work and what we are planning to do, to
meet others in the scene and to learn about their work, and most
importantly, to celebrate our community and all we have created to make
2017 a more interesting year.

Program:
19.30 Doors
20.00 Introduction of our working group
20.15 Meet the others (5 minute introductions)
21.30 Discussion. Your feedback, questions, input is important.
22.00 Bar & Networking

If you would like to make use of 5 minutes to introduce yourself and talk
about your plans for 2018, please register via this short form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6-lZmdHZXE7
wpAE3GJyKlI-kHGvgG4jxdjMbc1NQDLdeT8w/viewform?c=0&w=1. Also, please bring
your questions, problems, feedback, and suggestions. You can read more and
join the event online at https://www.facebook.com/events/228469997690127/

--------------------

Then for the other events at Spektrum this week: we have just published our
newsletter <http://mailchi.mp/2356b5c3649c/spektrum-program-5-10-dec-2017> with
this week's program:

   - Tue 5 Dec: Community night: VJ open lab #5 / Sonic Code Sessions #51
   - Wed 6 Dec: AG21c Presentation(s), Strategies & Party (see above)
   - Thu 7 Dec: Federico Dal Pozzo / Gino Robair, Guilherme Rodrigues, Tom
   Djll #395
   - Fri 8 Dec: SCOPE presents: Quadrature/ Unu best before / The Preterite
   - Sat 9 Dec: D/B presents: Hannu Karjalainen and Eric Carl
   - Sun 10 Dec: XEN screening: Donna Haraway: Story Telling for Earthly
   Survival #397

You can read more about the other events here
<http://mailchi.mp/2356b5c3649c/spektrum-program-5-10-dec-2017>, or check
our website <http://spektrumberlin.de/> or Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/spektrumberlin/>.

Hope to see you there!