[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 29 Aug - 3 Sept 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:14:45 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/dd9be2311c1a/spektrum-program-24-30-april-2344433?e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Tue 29 Aug: Community night: LC Lab #21 / SCS #44
   <#m_-5717683021006767646_tuesday>
   - Wed 30 Aug: XEN presents 'How could a posthumanist be?'
   <#m_-5717683021006767646_wednesday>
   - Thu 31 Aug: Marco Melis / Wissam Sader / Riccardo La Foresta #352
   <#m_-5717683021006767646_tour>
   - Fri 1 Sept: Waxing Phases #2: Marie Takahashi, Kamil Korolczuk & Geso
   / Aseret + Or Sarfati #353 <#m_-5717683021006767646_friday>
   - Sun 3 Sept: Sleepland (Kengo Yonemura) <#m_-5717683021006767646_sunday>

*Exhibition 12: Klang Raum Skulptur*

   - From 22-24 September: read more
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=559cbcdbd0&e=492cc49626>
   <#m_-5717683021006767646_sunday>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bb7dbc7c71&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d192b15368&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=98b75caa2e&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b1fb5abe3f&e=492cc49626>
Tue 29 Aug: LC Lab #21 / Sonic Code Sessions #44
*Start time: 19:30*

Hands-on session of the LC Lab
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4c2665a666&e=492cc49626>
(Live
Cinema Lab), a place for audio-visual experimentation. LC Lab is a
community where audio and visual artists can meet, create and play new work
together.

The Sonic Code Sessions
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e79fa27a8f&e=492cc49626>
aim to provide a time and place for self directed and collaborative
learning + experimentation. If you would like to free yourself from the
limitations that come with traditional music software, this is for you! We
occasionaly do jam sessions and plan group performances.
Wed 30 Aug: XEN presents 'How could a posthumanist be?'

Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance: free, although donations toward covering the costs would be
greatly appreciated*

XenoEntities Network presents ‘How could a posthumanist be?' by
posthumanist therapist and writer Johannes Klabbers.

How do we work out what is real, and how do we work out what matters?
We have invited Johannes to share his perspective on posthumanism after his
words at Unsound in Poland last year triggered many thoughts and tangents
on our current state of existence that resonated with me then and have
continued to creep back into my mind ever since. In Johannes’ words: How do
we respond to an unjust world? That is the question that we must consider
together and it is evermore urgent that we do so.

How do we respond to our own neurosis, our anxiety, our depression, the
meaninglessness of our lives? What can we believe in? Who can we trust?
What is wrong with the world? What is wrong with people? Johannes has been
thinking about this for half a century and to him, the problem has never
seemed more urgent than it does today. At the same time the problem is also
becoming more complex by the minute as the population of the world
increases. Each minute another two hundred new humans arrive in the world.
What do we have to say to them?

Nietzsche announced the death of god more than a hundred years ago. We need
to invent something new. And fast. Let's begin now.

Curated by Lou Drago

*XenoEntities Network (XEN)* is a platform for discussion and
experimentation focusing on the intersection of queer, gender and feminist
studies and digital technologies, organised by Lou Drago, Pedro Marum and
Rita Macedo.
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9f9c0d8c52&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b0f96dc01f&e=492cc49626>
Thu 31 Aug: Marco Melis / Wissam Sader / Riccardo La Foresta #352

Doors: 19:30
Start time: 20:00 - sharp, please come on time
*Entrance: 6-10 € (up to your offer)*

*Marco Melis - Unsighted *
The performance Marco Melis - Unsighted was originally commissioned by the
Talbot Rice Gallery of Edinburgh as the closing act of an event on "Deep
Time". Dealing with a time span of 10e+16 years in the future led to a
research on "time" as a basic condition of experience, on other conditions
of experience such as "our sense of finality", and how those two dimensions
are interconnected in time-dependent forms of art. One of the outcomes is
the hypothesis that the "deep future" question is actually a way of proving
our "sense-building ability", something that is essentially unsighted (as
in hidden) -- but which can also make us unsighted (as in blind) as soon as
it breaks down.

*Marco Melis & Wissam Sader*
The performance consists in a structured improvisation, taking advantage of
that specific "medium confusion" that is inherent in electroacoustic
practices. Organic sounds inspire a placid state that slowly, but
constantly, evolves.

*Riccardo La Foresta solo*
Riccardo La Foresta is a percussionist and composer based in Modena (IT),
he works mainly on a prepared snaredrum, treating it as a wind instrument,
the Drummophone.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e7be2db8f7&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=094c080f98&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=9b64e1fc9d&e=492cc49626>
Marco Melis - spektrum
Friday 1 Sept: Waxing Phases #2: Marie Takahashi, Kamil Korolczuk & Geso /
Aseret + Or Sarfati #353

Doors: 19:30
Start time: 20:00 (please come on time, as we will start early)
Entrance: 6 - 12€ (up to your offer)

*Audio-video performances by: Marie Takahashi, Kamil Korolczuk and Pablo
Iglesias / Geso "Morpheme"*
Marie Takahashi (Viola - Japan), Kamil Korolczuk (Live electronics -
Poland) and Pablo Iglesias a.k.a. Geso (Live visuals - Spain) form a trio
of visual music improvisation. Each of them has been experimenting with
different techniques combining organic and digital elements, and the
overlap of their works has the purpose of finding the perfect synch between
audio and visual language. An audiovisual trip where hearing is seeing and
vice versa. The trio uses improvisation as a playground where the music is
not written on paper, but created in real time by the interaction and
feedback of all the parts in play.
https://soundcloud.com/marietakahashi
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4f51b2ffb9&e=492cc49626>
www.godisaglitch.com
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c385697b5f&e=492cc49626>
https://facebook.com/Geso1001
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5ccca264e6&e=492cc49626>
 / https://vimeo.com/geso
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6ad799fd1f&e=492cc49626>
 / https://instagram.com/geso_rgrrrb/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=97c386f43e&e=492cc49626>

*Aseret + Or Sarfati "Consciousness of Undefined"*
A sensory experience immersed in floating atmospheres.
The perception of space and yourself blend with sounds and images creating
an introspective awareness. Archetype moving images that shape the sounds
and create different horizons into a new undefined space you already know,
but you are not sure about it.
https://soundcloud.com/aseret_live
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8ad6ae926d&e=492cc49626>
 / https://facebook.com/aseret.live.dj
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8625e52951&e=492cc49626>
https://instagram.com/uncertaintydesireforoffspring
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3651b1178d&e=492cc49626>
https://instagram.com/orsarfati
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=42d7a894c1&e=492cc49626>
 / www.orsarfati.com
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c5445f18e5&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7c4ba26ce0&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8683ce8361&e=492cc49626>
Sunday 3 Sept: Sleepland (Kengo Yonemura) / TBA
Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30

*Sleepland* is the solo project of *Kengo Yonemura* residing in Hyogo,
Japan. He has run this project since 2011 to pursue and create the sound
between human consciousness and subconsciousness by guitars, synthesizers,
field recordings, and some materials. His latest album is “for
Silentseeing” from White Paddy Mountain which is the label established by
Chihei Hatakeyama, and a song “merits of sequence” included this album was
used in a fabric movie of Hosoo, a Kyoto-based textile company founded in
1688. ( vimeo.com/160682856 )

Released titles: EP monukenokara ( 2012, twisted tree line from UK )
ALBUM cloud’s longing ( 2013, Spaceal Orbeats from UK ) June forecast (
2014, Wood Frame from Japan ) for Silentseeing ( 2015, White Paddy Mountain
from Japan )
https://sleepland.bandcamp.com
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=617f17f15d&e=492cc49626>
 / http://soundcloud.com/sleepland
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e45c53637c&e=492cc49626>

*Second performance TBA*

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=cfdc21fd62&e=492cc49626>//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1af1e09c16&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=131fd16792&e=492cc49626>
sleepland / ripples over the frosted glass (official MV)
EXHIBITION #12: KLANG RAUM SKULPTUR *22-23-24 September 2017 at SPEKTRUM*

*CONCEPT OF THE AMBISONICS DOME*
The collaborative project Klang-Raum-Skulptur is a dome-shaped sound
installation that utilizes an immersive 3-dimensional sound system,
premiered at SPEKTRUM Berlin at the 22nd of September as part of the
festival "Monat der zeitgenössischen Musik". The installation was
originated by Paul Deme who developed the initial spatial concept.
Attracted by the sculpture’s ideal form for the use of Ambisonics
spatialization, Sven König (sCrAmBled?HaCkZ!), joined the project and
installed the Ambisonics system inside the dome.

The composers *Frank Bretschneider*, *Marisol Jimenez* and *Julius
Holtz *employ
this technique to create 3-dimensional sound pieces. The resulting entity
explores the relationship between musical composition, space and immersive
listening. Performances are planned by Frank Bretschneider, *Richard Scott*,
Julius Holtz and more artists to be announced.

*PROGRAM*
• Friday 22 September
18:00 | Exhibition Opening
21:30 | Spatial Sound Intervention by Frank Bretschneider

• Saturday 23 September
16:00 | Installation opens
21:00 | Spatial Sound Intervention by Richard Scott & Julius Holtz

• Sunday 24 September
16:00 | Installation opens
21:00 | Spatial Sound Intervention by Sven König & Fabien Artal

   - ticket installation: 5-10euro up to your offer
   - ticket performance: 10-15euro up to your offer (max 20 people) - buy
   tickets
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=af74ab2e5d&e=492cc49626>

*WORKSHOP: SPATIAL AUDIO IN AMBISONICS*
Monday/Tuesday 25-26 September | 10:00 - 17:00
 (module I & II) *(on registration) *- read more // buy tickets
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=18fd28326a&e=492cc49626>

   - You will learn and understand the nature of physical modelling of
   spatialization generically for sound and more specifically for Ambisonics.
   - You will get into the hystorical path that defined the development and
   the peculiar success of this system in between different models of sound
   imaging.
   - You will have the chance to create and experiment your own composition
   in multichannel of Ambisonics which could be an inspiring tool to realize
   concepts you are seeking in your artistic practice.

*With kind support of Initiative Neue Musik Berlin, Monat der
zeitgenössischen Musik, KEF, Reckhorn and Poltergeist by Koma Electronik *

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=84df96dfa5&e=492cc49626>
 // Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4065788276&e=492cc49626>
//
Buy tickets
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c562da557f&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=89563d1334&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a2f352cc6f&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f0bde9ccb5&e=492cc49626>
[image: Instagram]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=96f1365003&e=492cc49626>
Instagram
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4eecf17c9d&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2997a537ea&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=8a05d42995&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d769c782fd&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7090d4725d&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>