[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 14-20 August 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:48:05 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/429375b33d33/spektrum-program-24-30-april-2335809?e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Mon 14 Aug: Berlin Modular Lectures: Václav Peloušek, Bernard
   Rasinger, and Peter Edwards // Smell Lab #22
   <#m_9072124368038266596_monday>
   - Tue 15 Aug: Community night: movLab #16 / SCS #41
   <#m_9072124368038266596_tuesday>
   - Sat 19 Aug: Ana Paula Santana / Taishi Kamiya #346
   <#m_9072124368038266596_saturday>
   - Sun 20 Aug: Fri-Ends Presents: The Poetics Of Verticality #347
   <#m_9072124368038266596_sunday>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0d05e87288&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5815cab247&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=28d76807c7&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a77834f533&e=492cc49626>
Mon 14 Aug: Berlin Modular Lectures: Václav Peloušek, Bernard Rasinger and
Peter Edwards

*Start time 18:00 - back room*

We are very excited to have our first out of town guest for the lecture and
demonstration series:

   - Václav Peloušek - Chief of Research at Bastl Instruments
   - Bernhard Rasinger - Maximum laserist at BRlaser
   - Peter Edwards - Master Sound Destructor and Re-Creator at Casper
   Electronics and Bastl Instruments

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=edadb36491&e=492cc49626>
Smell Lab meetup #22: The odorous distiller night

*Start time 19:30 - front room*

After our potluck-meetup in July this time we will dive deeper in our
collected ideas and sub-groups... We will have a work session.
And we gonna built up our brand new distiller. Come if you are curious!
Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=995a0a10d7&e=492cc49626>
Tue 15 Aug: movLab #17 / SCS #43
*Start time: 19:30*

Community meeting of the movLab
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=92e0e64add&e=492cc49626>
- a place for researching ways to digitize motion and the human body and to
make the data accessible for further use in VR, gaming, stage performance
or art.

The Sonic Code Sessions
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6a9c4426c4&e=492cc49626>
aim to provide a time and place for self directed and collaborative
learning + experimentation. If you would like to free yourself from the
limitations that come with traditional music software, this is for you! We
occasionaly do jam sessions and plan group performances.
Sat 19 Aug: Ana Paula Santana / Taishi Kamiya #346
Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Ana Paula Santana - Pocket Soundscapes* is a research project that
materialises in sound interventions for specific spaces. The proposal is
always different, since it is based on the acoustic characteristics of the
site and the materials found in situ. In each case, the intervention of the
space is made by an installation composed of wiring lines and contact
microphones that attaches to the floor, the walls and objects found in the
given space for each intervention. The performer moves in the scene
activating materials and creating an aural atmosphere made through digital
processing of the vibrations, playback instant sound recordings and the
generation and treatment of feedbacks. This project suggests and invites to
reflect about soundscape discipline as an act of interpretation, selection,
recreation and authorship composition.

*Taishi Kamiya - Spectra of Air* is an improvisation with saxophone and
laptop. He plays soprano saxophone and record sound that he played, then
process the sound with digital signal processing in real time. Finally the
layer of sounds will get rich and various expressions.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0749401afa&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5b963cac89&e=492cc49626>
[image: Paisajes de Bolsillo en la Fábrica de Chocolate]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2395f7bc3f&e=492cc49626>
Ana Paula Santana - Paisajes de Bolsillo en la Fábrica de Chocolate
Sun 20 Aug: Fri-Ends Presents: The Poetics Of Verticality #347
Doors: 20:00 / Start time: 20:30
*Entrance 4-7 euro (up to your offer)*

*A night of Screenings, Performance and Exhibition put on by Fri-Ends
Collective,* *Curated by Jake Sillen*

“A fall toward objects without reservation,
embracing a world of forces and matter,
which lacks any original stability and sparks the sudden shock of the open:
A freedom that is terrifying, utterly deterritorializing, and always
already unknown”
-Hito Steyerl

Featuring the work of:
George Barber
Maya Bjornson
Alejandro Borsani
Haven Butler
Brian Oakes
Jake Sillen
Lisa Young
Zak Ziebell
& more to be announced!

Fri-Ends Collective
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a8b7fb9052&e=492cc49626>
is
a migratory platform for sharing contemporary art from emerging artists.
Directed by Jake Sillen and Lee Pivnik, the group blends traditional
exhibition models to exist somewhere between a gallery, a collective, and
an artist run space. Fri-Ends.com
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f5d73704a4&e=492cc49626>

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e1b9ea7307&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=760e66f348&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2649e0a3c8&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2aecb544c4&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7ce1827ee4&e=492cc49626>
[image: Instagram]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e7a0fefcdd&e=492cc49626>
Instagram
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=146d7e1f90&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c749998e6b&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bb9e413abd&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=96ce8b900f&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0181c94bf0&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>