[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 3-9 April 2017

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:42:38 CEST 2017

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e86b285e9a&e=492cc49626>
*Events this week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Tue 4 April: Creative VR 4444 /
<#m_8217968739056117597_wednesday1>MadeByUs
   open space for newcomers <#m_8217968739056117597_wednesday>
   - Wed 5 April: Thea Farhadian & Alchimia Organica (Duo Bauer/Lucchese)
   #286 <#m_8217968739056117597_monday>
   - Thu 6 April: Andrew Simon Miller & Robert Stokowy #287
   <#m_8217968739056117597_thursday>
   - Fri 7 April: Mikey & Oozing Gloop - Blue Tears, Brown Temples #288
   <#m_8217968739056117597_friday>
   - Sat 8 April: Doron Sadja - We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back
   Together #289 <#m_8217968739056117597_saturday>
   - Sun 9 April: Lieven Martens Moana / Typhonian Highlife / Sea Urchin
   <#m_8217968739056117597_sunday>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=151597ce0a&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=943a805326&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=36e9da01e9&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=50aa39c118&e=492cc49626>
Tue 4 April: Creative VR 4444

*Community meetup / 19:30*

Meetup about artistic/creative virtual reality projects. We want to connect
artists with different backgrounds to push VR as a new medium and discuss
the experiences people develop in VR. Our goal is to exchange knowledge
about creating virtual worlds and interactions which are possible only in
VR. Talks this evening:

1. *VR for Design and Art* by Miguelangelo Rosario
(http://www.vr-area-42.club/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=933b6f0d0c&e=492cc49626>
)
2. *Dreamart* VR by Gero Doll

Then you can be 3D scanned into computer wooorlds by Jessica Palmer and
play *Stay at Home* (http://endzeit-entertainment.com/stay-at-home-vr/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5ecdfc2a09&e=492cc49626>).
Also
talk and meet VR people of #VRlif.
Join on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=10667d7868&e=492cc49626>
MadeByUs: Open Space for Newcomers

>From 19:00 - 22:00 in the makerlab

SPEKTRUM provides a small MakerSpace that houses two 3D printers, a
Lasercutter that is still WIP and some equipment to tinker with electronics.
Come by and explore the space.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4347fe593f&e=492cc49626>
Wed 5 April: Thea Farhadian & Alchimia Organica (Duo Bauer / Lucchese) #286

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)*

*Thea Farhadian - “Twisted echoes, jagged rhythms, and microtonal
landscapes” (CD release)*
Tectonic Shifts, on the Creative Sources label integrates the interaction
of the violin with electronics, altering the sound in real time through the
software program Max/MSP. Structures from the album, and further
improvisations in a similar direction will be explored in tonight’s
performance.

*ALCHIMIA ORGANICA (Duo Bauer/Lucchese) - "Anthropology of the unconscious"*
The avant-garde movement in the arts, theatre, music, the study of voice
and the interest in different cultures are the common subjects that link
the two artists. In their outstanding performance we can witness a sort of
an ‘rational inconsistency’, that it doesn’t try a synthesis between the
extremes, but it exalts the contradictions instead, actually taking its
dynamics from their tension. The actions are instinctive, vibrant,
dramatic, deep and charged with energy – from vocal virtuosity to brilliant
ironic reflections – in a suspended and magic atmosphere of extemporaneous
anarchy. In ‘’Anthropology of the unconscious" we see them engaged
individually and together in the realm of theatre, musical avant-garde and
improvisation: an hallucinatory excursion which takes the spectator on a
sensual and emotional journey. This evening in SPEKTRUM with Matthias Bauer
and Maria Lucchese.

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c0e3feaf99&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=952151b426&e=492cc49626>
Thu 6 April: Andrew Simon Miller & Robert Stokowy #287

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)

*Andrew Simon Miller & Robert Stokowy - Perspectives on Artistic Research*
Andrew Simon Miller and Robert Stokowy will present their recent artistic
research projects. Compositions from these projects will be heard, along
with a short introduction by both artists regarding their specific methods
for researching through art.

*Andrew Simon Miller:*
mūtāre (4-channel composition as part of his research framework: Audible
Potential Correlates)

*Robert Stokowy:*
marks (8-channel composition piece deriving from a site-specific sound
installation)
concrete [kõˈkrɛt] (4-channel piece deriving from a site-specific sound
installation)
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=16afeac87b&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7b03682109&e=492cc49626>
Fri 7 April: Mikey & Oozing Gloop - Blue Tears, Brown Temples #288
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
Entrance 5-10 euro (up to your offer)

AND WHEN THE RAIN COMES DOWN... ERUPTING FOR EVERY PLACE THE SKY FELL GREEN
SERPENTS FLOW FROM THESE BROWN TEMPLES OF LOVE! Forming roots, climbing
walls, emerging and mutating; impertinent moulds and elemental entities
that respect no borders and are here for no other reason than to channel
eternal cycles of transvestite love in a double helix of shamanic
sisterhood.

*ONCE MORE MIKEY WOODBRIDGE AND OOZING GLOOP COME TOGETHER AND INVITE YOU
TO CUM TO.*

www.soundcloud.com/mikeywoodbridge
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f7834ec3b5&e=492cc49626>
http://oozinggloop.tumblr.com/
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=58ad870555&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=42d88bf405&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=90303dd147&e=492cc49626>
Sat 8 April: Doron Sadja - We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together #289
Doors: 19:30 / 2 performances scheduled: 20:30 & 21:30
Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)

Doron Sadja - We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together

A kinetic sound and light installative performance that investigates the
deconstruction/reconstruction of white noise and white light.

White noise is what the human ear hears in the presence of all wavelengths
of the audible spectrum. Technically, within a segment of white noise you
have all the materials for every song ever written, and every song that
will ever be written. Similarly, white light is what the human eye sees in
the presence of all wavelengths of the visible spectrum. Like a prism
divides white light into the complete visible color spectrum (rainbow), “We
Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together” aims to explore the idea of a
sonic prism, where the ear becomes the location where all frequencies
combine to create pure ‘white’.

Developed in residency at iii
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a6ff67acc7&e=492cc49626>
in The Hague.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7137826c4e&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3ae3bc8ed4&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=85835acd1b&e=492cc49626>
Doron Sadja - We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together
Sunday 9 April: Lieven Martens Moana / Typhonian Highlife / Sea Urchin
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance 8-10 euro (up to your offer)*

A night of world-building, expressionist field recording, and dreamy,
percussive flow, with:

   - Lieven Martens Moana (Dolphins Into The Future)
   - Typhonian Highlife (Spencer Clark)
   - Sea Urchin (Leila Hassan and Francesco Cavaliere)

presented by Care Of Editions www.careof.co
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3a7e3a37cd&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2f911f8e33&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=774ca41212&e=492cc49626>
[image: Lieven Martens Moana / Dolphins Into The Future – Ilha Da Culatra]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0f0070be36&e=492cc49626>
Lieven Martens Moana / Dolphins Into The Future – Ilha Da Culatra

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fce0af0f97&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bcfdb331ca&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=628a1b8483&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=835d0a50ca&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3e943833a9&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7f224468fc&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0733f09f37&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>