[resource-net] 19.11.16: Alexandra Nilsson (SE), Marie Gavois + Michel Klöfkorn (SE/DE), Fredrik Olofsson (DE) @Liebig12

Sam Hertz samhertz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:08:24 CET 2016

Doors: 19.30
Show promptly at 20h
Liebig12, Liebigstraße 12, Friedrichshain

Join Liebig12 for a very special evening of installation, sound, video, and
performance from artists Alexandra Nilsson (SE), Marie Gavois/Michel
Klöfkorn (SE/DE), and Fredrik Olofsson (DE). Under examination by the
artists are the building blocks of social and financial technologies: IBAN
and Credit Card numbers, cell phone data, pixels, and mapping interfaces.
What information about us is carried by these 'neutral' number sets, and
how can we re-consider notions of resistance and hierarchy through weaving
these data sets into collages and songs? And what happens to the leftovers?

***
*Alexandra Nilsson* is a composer and musician based in Stockholm, Sweden.
She mainly composes and performs with trumpet or other objects and live
electronics. She makes lyrical noise and swinging trash. Her mode is
real-time and her love is hardware.
Her work stretches between sound-art, noise, electronica and free
improvisation. With a background in jazz, rhythm and improvisation are
important elements of her work and performance. The interaction and
borderland between acoustic and electronic sound worlds is also of great
interest to her.
In 2010 she got her Masters Degree in composition at the Royal College of
Music in Stockholm. Her Master focused on music for film and she is
interested in interactions between sound and image and narrative aspects.
She is a member of Fylkingen, SKAP and FST and works on a regular basis at
EMS (Elektronmusikstudion) in Stockholm.

'I require you to hear me now'- a Google trash poem
is a new piece that will be premiered at Liebig12.
It is a comment to the correct nonsense society. Refuse, Resist and Rebuild.
The piece is inspired by the work of Marie Gavois & Michel Klöfkorn and by
the Swedish tradition of text/sound composition.

www.alexandranilsson.com
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alexandranilsson.com%2F&h=9AQHt27l2&enc=AZNsG46sdqWx77p1UAbR2xCxAzTC3W8bcSRHSpUxuEEnNn1tptdJegC6OClEE8zawdg&s=1>
***
*Marie Gavois and Michel Klöfkorn* have been working as a duo since 2012.
Klöfkorn is a filmmaker from Frankfurt who recently started to de-weave
pictures. Gavois is an artist and performer living in Stockholm.

Their work is based on a theory that we all are living in a collage. By
re-combining the visual image of public space, architecture, social context
and the political or economic situation we are living in, they try to
re-think the world-wide collage, its’ hierarchies and petrified conditions.
They sing the opera of ibans pins and bics, listen to the melodies of
creditcardnumber-°© LOVE ‐songs.

Since a lizard visited us for breakfast we sniff out the bad breath of
industrial production hidden behind the flossed teeth and bleached rubber
tires.

when I wake up I think of you when I fall asleep I think of you when I go
online I think of you
when I go offline I think of you
***
*Fredrik Olofsson* studied composition at the Royal Academy of Music in
Stockholm and the School of Music in Piteå and since 2009 he teaches
computational art at the Universität der Künste, Berlin. He has done
numerous residencies and collaborations and worked for 16 years as a
software and electronics developer for art installations. He also performs
his own works for electronic music and video. Olofsson works conceptually
and after a ten-year 'red period', changed to the color green two years ago.
www.fredrikolofsson.com
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fredrikolofsson.com%2F&h=EAQGPltJ6&enc=AZNtgoIwGrAOZYYXbWf_yKdYwT5Cz7GXD1gDBlsb6jsCyHUEaitjwEvFnglCWZ10Wog&s=1>