[resource-net] LIE-ABLE ART: Disruption Network Lab - November 9

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Mon Nov 7 15:48:14 CET 2016

Dear reSourcers,

we would like to invite you to the upcoming Pre-Lab event of the
Disruption Network Lab this Wednesday at Spektrum from 8pm. As usual,
the event will anticipate the start of the conference at Kunstquartier
Bethanien, TRUTH-TELLERS: The Impact of Speaking out.

We will have with us the visionary Gabriel S Moses that will present his
new works and speak about "LIE-ABLE ART". The event is followed by a
nice networking moment at Spektrum's bar.

This is the occasion to share some ideas, and chat informally without
too much production pressure, so we really hope to see many of you.

Looking forward!

Tatiana & The Disruption Network Lab team

Here are more info:
Pre-Lab at SPEKTRUM art_technology_community
LIE-ABLE ART. An Artist Talk by Gabriel S Moses.

November 9, 2016 - from 20.00 (open end)
Entrance: 3€

+++++++++++

For the pre-event of TRUTH-TELLERS, we have invited artist Gabriel S
Moses to talk about why he lies. In his performances and films Gabriel
radically accelerates deceptive online strategies such as false
identities, trolling, disinformation and absurd viral myths, in a way
which undermines the work itself. But this mischievous logic simply
mirrors a larger trend in the current political climate: The act of
telling or revealing the truth seems to have been eclipsed by an evasive
power dynamic in which politicians seem to have stopped caring about
their own credibility while constantly discrediting those who blow the
whistle on them, as mere pawns and liars. Gabriel’s work offers just one
of several approaches to critical engagement within this mind boggling
discourse of ‘post-fact’, which will be further explored in the main event.

The event is presented by Disruption Network Lab and will take place in
collaboration with SPEKTRUM art_technology_community. Bürknerstraße 12,
Berlin.
http://spektrumberlin.de/

The event introduces the two days conference Truth-Tellers. The Impact
of Speaking Out (November 25-26, 2016 at Kunstquartier Bethanien -
Studio 1, Berlin).
Details: http://www.disruptionlab.org/truth-tellers/
--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
http://disruptionlab.org