[resource-net] DEEP CABLES - Pre-Lab at SPEKTRUM, June 1st, 8pm

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Mon May 30 12:54:00 CEST 2016

Dear all,

We are launching the new conference series "Art & Evidence" of the
Disruption Network Lab, with a Pre-Lab & Film screening at
SPEKTRUM on
June 1st. The screening starts at 20.00.

We are able to continue our programme for the whole 2016 thanks to the
City Tax grant, and this year we decided to introduce each conference at
the Studio 1 of Kunstquartier Bethanien with a Pre-Lab event, in
cooperation with SPEKTRUM (thanks a lot, Lieke & Alfredo!).

The idea is to be able to share in advance with the Berlin community of
artists, hacktivists, independent thinkers and cultural producers the
issues we are going to develop at the conferences, encouraging a local
and informal sharing that we were missing during the more "formal"
events of the Lab.

This is also important because it will allow us to have feedback prior
the conferences and also keep a direct contact with all of you!

We hope to see many of you at SPEKTRUM on June 1st!

The screening is introduced by a short presentation by myself about the
main topics of the conference: "DEEP CABLES: Uncovering the Wiring of
the World", and after the film, we will have an informal get-together,
with music by DJ Michael Freerix.
Good occasion also to celebrate another year of Disruption Network Lab!

Don't miss it!

All the best,

Tatiana & the Disruption Network Lab team

+++++++++++

Community get-together + film screening:

20,000 Cables under the Sea: The Internet and the Physics of Fiber Optics

(Co-production: NDR, fact+film, nordmedia, Radio Bremen, arte 2009, 46
minutes, English).

+++++++++++

This year's conference series starts with a kick off event at the
project space SPEKTRUM.
The event gives first insights in the world of undersea network cables.

It features the documentary film "20,000 Cables under the Sea: The
Internet and the Physics of Fiber Optics"
(Co-production: NDR, fact+film, nordmedia, Radio Bremen, arte 2009, 46
minutes, English

The Internet and the world economy depend on overseas data cables.
What
happens when somebody types an Internet address? When a data cable
breaks in the ocean? How can they repair it? How are the cables produced
and laid and what ideas do scientists have for sending even more data
through the fibre optic cables in the same time?

The screening is followed by a Pre-Lab getting together.

Read more:
http://www.fact-film.de/index.php/en/filme-3/tv/20-000-cables-under-the-sea

The event introduces the two days conference DEEP CABLES: Uncovering the
Wiring of the World (June 17-18, 2016 Kunstquartier Bethanien - Studio
1, Berlin).

Details: http://www.disruptionlab.org/deep-cables

Facebook's event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1730070900590942/

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
http://disruptionlab.org