[resource-net] Call for Participants | Poetic Disruption | Saturday, May 14

Rachel Uwa rachel.uwa at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:59:52 CEST 2016

​
School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe
Call for Participants | Poetic Disruption

*PROGRAM DATE**:*
Saturday, May 14, 2016

*To sign-up and participate: *
visit our eventbrite page
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/poetic-disruption-tickets-25272051386>.

info at schoolofma.org
schoolofma.org

In this four-hour workshop, we'll analyze the methods, processes and
structures by which unquantifiable information such as language,
human communication and cognition become quantified and commodified.

We will discuss the role that User Interface design has in this process
and reverse it through experimental disruptive methodologies that will
allow us to reflect on our individual and collective needs, interests
and values, and articulate them within the Interface design.

*What you will Learn:*

- Basic introduction to HTML & CSS: Hacking the Interface.

- The power of the graphic user interface design to enhance the production
of data: Interface & Ideology.

- How our data becomes commodified (turns into money): The Online tracking
industry

*Main topics covered in this workshop include:*

#Interface Governance; #Social Engineering; #Online Tracking; #Data
Brokers; #Cookies;
#Quantification; #Lists; #Databases; #Front End; #Back End;
#Corporate Design; #Community Design; #Hacktivism;

Maximum capacity 15 students.

*About the Instructor:*

Joana Moll is a Barcelona based artist and researcher. Her work critically
explores the way post-capitalist narratives affect the alphabetization of
machines, humans and ecosystems. Her main research topics include
communication technologies and CO2 emissions, virtual civil surveillance on
the Internet and language.

She is a member of the scientific and artistic committee of the
transdisciplinary research project Antiatlas des Frontières and co-founder
of The Institute for the Advancement of Popular Automatisms. She is a
visiting lecturer at College of Art and Design of Vic and a lecturer at VIT
Lab in Vic (Barcelona).

*Questions? *Get in touch! info @ schoolofma.org
Based at ACUD MACHT NEU <http://acudmachtneu.de/> in Berlin, Mitte.

*Founder | School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe  **http://schoolofma.org/