[resource-net] ARTS & COMMONS: July 2 / Join us in exploring new ways of self-organization

Ela Kagel ela at supermarkt-berlin.net
Wed Jun 22 11:46:58 CEST 2016

Dear all,

on Saturday, July 2nd we’ll kick off our new event series „ Art, Money & Self Organization in Digital Capitalism“.
A series of events based on new financial technologies, peer to peer-economies, digital networking and the impacts on art production.

Our launch event „ARTS & COMMONS“ focuses on the development of commons-based economies within the Berlin arts scene. What are the options of building self-organized infrastructures that generate more independence, variety, justice and autonomy among artists? On July 2nd, artists, hackers, commons-experts and collaborative economy insiders will work on a model for a commons for arts – together with you!
We have gathered ten amazing speakers to first of all give a brief input and then invite the audience into small work groups where everyone can focus on the topic and the speaker that seem most relevant to them. In the end, we’ll get together and see what each group has come up with.

Speakers:
Wibke Behrens (Cultural scientist, spokeswoman of the Kulturpolitische Gesellschaft & spokeswoman of the Koalition der freien Szene Berlin / D)
Sophie Bloemen (Activist, consultant & founding director of the Commons Network / D)
Ruth Catlow (Artist, curator, co-founder & co-director of Furtherfield.org, initiator of Art Data Money / UK)
Thomas Dönnebrink (OuiShare connector, collaborative economy activist & Platformcoop Berlin organiser / D)
Silke Helfrich (Commons activist, author of various books & publications on the Commons, Part of the Commons Strategy Group)
Sam Muirhead (Free / libre open source activist, artist, Open Source Circular Economy Days co-organizer / D & NZ)
Dmytri Kleiner (Software developer, artist, founder of Telekommunisten Collective / D & CA)
Genevieve Parkes (Software developer & member of Enspiral Network / NZ)
Elena Veljanovska (Independent curator / D & Macedonia)
Krystian Woznicki (Journalist, curator & publisher, editor-in-chief of Berliner Gazette / D)
Participation at this event is free. However, you are kindly asked to register your seat.

Website Link: http://www.supermarkt-berlin.net/en/event/kunst-geld-selbstorganisation-im-digitalen-kapitalismus/

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1217924988218411/

We look forward to seeing many of you there!
All best,
Ela
___________________________________

Ela Kagel