[resource-net] Looking for Support: Unity & Face Tracking

internil interface interface at internil.net
Mon Jan 18 14:24:28 CET 2016

Dear reSource,

please allow me to share this small work offer with you. If you know
someone who might be interested in this kind of work, you're welcome
to forward this call or contact me. Thanks and best wishes,

Arne | internil.

Looking for Support: Unity & Face Tracking

Goal:
There's going to be a showing at Haus der Kulturen der Welt on the
last weekend of February 2016. We will be motion capturing body and
face movements while copying political video messages, thereby
virtualizing them (mainly right wingers and some German Jihadists).
Visitors can interact and partake in the process, lending their bodies
or faces for the good cause of building an archive. In the end we
should be able to play around with the created material, creating
a musical video clip for the ESC or something alike.

Background:
This work is further developing the performance project „Glühende
Landschaften“ (Glowing Pastures) from 2015. More (German) information:
http://www.internil.net. Framework for the presentation at HKW is the
„Forecast“ mentoring program. More information:
http://forecast-platform.com. Working languages are English and
German, the video material will mostly be in German.

Software:
Unity, Max/MSP, Motive (for body tracking), maybe Faceshift (for face tracking)

Hardware:
camera-based IR motion capture system (OptiTrack), Intel RealSense F200

Tasks:
- establish facial motion capture functionality
- adapt and prepare an existing (rigged) avatar
- develop a way to make quick face scans of visitors and apply them as
  textures on avatars
- develop a database or data saving structure for quickl reuse of
  tracked sequences
- maybe support the artist with constructing a virtual forest
  environment to be mapped onto the space at HKW
- integrate those preparations into the set up at HKW from February 22nd 2016

Payment:
1.000 Euro

Duration:
starting asap, presentation is on the last week of February

Contact:
Arne, vogelgesang at internil.net
Dateiname   : internil-forecast-call_en.pdf
Dateityp    : application/pdf
Dateigr??e  : 33191 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://mailman.transmediale.de/pipermail/resource-net-transmediale.de/attachments/20160118/2cec06f4/attachment-0001.pdf>