[resource-net] SPEKTRUM program: 4-10 January 2016

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:44:55 CET 2016

Dear reSourcers,

Happy new year to all of you!
Attached our newsletter with the events at Spektrum for this first week of
January, hope to see you there.

Best, Lieke

*This week at SPEKTRUM*

   - Tuesday 5 January: Sonic Code Session #6 <#1520cdc4ca501c4b_tuesday>
   - Wednesday 6 January: MadeByUs #1  <#1520cdc4ca501c4b_wednesday>
   - Friday 8 January: Pierce Warnecke & Kasia Justka #87
   <#1520cdc4ca501c4b_friday>
   - Saturday 9 January: Henrik von Coler, Yoann Trellu & Matthias Erian #88
   <#1520cdc4ca501c4b_saturday>
   - Sunday 10 January: Screening: Topless Cellist - Charlotte Moorman #89
   <#1520cdc4ca501c4b_sunday>

Tuesday 5 January: Sonic Code Session #6
Start time: 19:30

The Sonic Code Sessions
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=63b76fbd84&e=492cc49626>
are open conversations between sound artists, coders, musicians, learners
and anyone interested in generative music and the use of computing skills
for sonic expression. There is time for people to present something if they
want to, followed by informal discussions.

Whether you consider yourself to be a beginner or an expert, a theorist or
a practicing sound artist/technologist, we invite you to join us every
other Tuesday at Spektrum, ask questions if you want, contribute with your
comments and maybe show a project you're working on.

Shout random words at us on Twitter: @scsBLN
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7a77e06da3&e=492cc49626>
... or read our hackpad to see what we usually talk about:
https://tinyurl.com/scsbln
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4a9041f7ab&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=69459dcee3&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a8bdefd116&e=492cc49626>
Wednesday 6
January: MadeByUs #1
Start time: 19:30

First community meeting of *MadeByUs*, a new making community focused on
artistic, DIY, and experimental uses of digital fabrication techniques like
3D printing and laser cutting. Join us as we build our community and
discuss the future of the making lab at SPEKTRUM.

What are the possibilities for community-based local manufacturing and how
can we support this at SPEKTRUM? Help us build our lab and get us all to
the future.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0124d4ee14&e=492cc49626>
// Join on M
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=69caacef99&e=492cc49626>
eetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1990f750db&e=492cc49626>
Friday
8 January: Pierce Warnecke & Kasia Justka #87
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00

*Kasia Justka - ∆V *
voltage, pressure and sparks

*Pierce Warnecke - Paths End *
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fc4f1dbf37&e=492cc49626>
Single channel, color HD 2 channel audio
Where does the path end and nowhere begin?

Followed by open end bar with DJ Sicknife
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d852fa1448&e=492cc49626>

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3257ab91af&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=90e03101c8&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=58ee99fee8&e=492cc49626>
Pierce
Warnecke - PathsEnd: Preview Saturday 9 January: Henrik von Coler, Yoann
Trellu & Matthias Erian #88
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00

*Henrik von Coler - Movements 3-5 of the "Threshold Suite" / "Von
schlechter Erziehung und boshaften Kindern" *
Both parts will be performed using tape with additional live electronics
and diffusion.

*Yoann Trellu and Matthias Erian - ICI *
Audiovisual performance

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=207338b0a5&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c454ce4ec6&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=caa4997eb1&e=492cc49626>
ICI
Sunday 10 January: Screening: Topless Cellist - Charlotte Moorman #89
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00

In 1967, “Topless Cellist” was the headline that hit the news after
musician and performance artist Charlotte Moorman was arrested for
performing Nam June Paik’s Opera Sextronique while partially nude at The
Film-Maker's Cinematheque in New York. This event marked the infamous peak
of Moorman and Paik’s yearlong artistic collaboration, in which they
explored entirely new avenues of contemporary music by introducing new
media, as well as sex, to classical performance. Moorman, who had studied
cello at the prestigious Juilliard School of Music, also became known in
1963 for spearheading the influential Annual Avant-Garde Festival of New
York, which took place in a variety of locations throughout the city until
1980.

This program includes Nam June Paik‘s 1995 documentary “Topless Cellist”
Charlotte Moorman (29 min), which Howard Weinberg released four years after
Moorman’s death, as well as the only existing recording of Opera
Sextronique (5:10 min), which was restaged again in 1967 shortly after
Moorman’s arrest and filmed by video artist Jud Yalkut. It concludes with
Paik’s 1977/79 Guadalcanal Requiem (28:33 min)—the artist’s most overtly
political video work—which features Moorman in a haunting and surrealist
performance intermixed with documentary footage.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a7dce3703d&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fc99158e35&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle
"do-it-together-with-others". Above all, we are an open space promoting
participatory processes to co-define and co-design a social and physical
playground for curiosity and critical understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=e8d903217c&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=34104a8836&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4d0c6e3bcf&e=492cc49626>
[image:
Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=79655f7245&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bc5056185a&e=492cc49626>
[image:
Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=de99e7ef96&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b434b5b367&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>