[resource-net] : SPEKTRUM program: 12-20 Dec 2016

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:50:27 CET 2016

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2482d8db0f&e=492cc49626>
*This & next week at SPEKTRUM*

   - 12-16 Dec: Workshop: Laboratory / Federica Dauri & Danilo Colonna [LVM]
   <#m_1559773933148521331_workshop3>
   - Mon 12 Dec: reConnect Communities table #4
   <#m_1559773933148521331_monday>
   - Tue 13 Dec: MadeByUs Laser Social <#m_1559773933148521331_monday1>
   - Tue 13 Dec: MovLab presents: Sentire <#m_1559773933148521331_monday>
   - Wed 14 Dec: Atonal Gender: Mad Kate / Danilo Andrés / Shany Birenboim
   #239 <#m_1559773933148521331_tuesday>
   - Thu 15 Dec: Big-DADA or Dadacalypse or so #240
   <#m_1559773933148521331_wednesday>
   - Fri 16 Dec: SCOPE presents: Arielle Esther & Gabriela Prochazka / Susi
   Sie <#m_1559773933148521331_thursday>
   - Saturday 17 Dec: GEEK workshop: Sound machine workshop
   <#m_1559773933148521331_exh>
   - Saturday 17 Dec: Sound art night with Vero Mota (Urban Arts)
   <#m_1559773933148521331_saturday>
   - Sunday 18 Dec: Performance night <#m_1559773933148521331_sunday>(more
   information coming soon)
   - Monday 19 Dec: GEEK workshops: Berlin Modular #4 & Electroacoustic
   sound production <#m_1559773933148521331_exh>
   - Tue 20 Dec: LC Lab #15 / Smell Lab #16: Smell Games edition
   <#m_1559773933148521331_sunday>

*Open Calls*

   - New Year Marathon: non-stop performances running to 2017 - apply now
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=297e1990bb&e=492cc49626>
   - DARK SOCIETY // four exhibitions between Jan - May 2017 // read more
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=6ab2fff3df&e=492cc49626>

[image: Join events on Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=fa7b8488d1&e=492cc49626>
Join events on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b2dc738bcc&e=492cc49626>
[image: Event program on our website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1d88dd776e&e=492cc49626>
Event program on our website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b86600d27c&e=492cc49626>
Workshop Laboratory / Federica Dauri & Danilo Colonna [LVM]
*12-16 December from **13:00 - 17:00*

The main focus of this 5-day workshop is the investigation of the body as a
“multi-functional tool”. We will provide a series of performative tools to
develop an internal awareness of the body and an external awareness in
space, in connection with sound and with others. The aim is for the dancer
to become more aware of his/her own body lightness, power, creativity and
internal landscapes.
Read more // register
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=51197dae93&e=492cc49626>
*Mon 12 Dec: reConnect communities table #4*

*Start time 19:30*

We invite everyone from our communities to come together to share what they
have been working on and exchange ideas for cross-collabora-tion. In
addition, we will discuss the SPEKTRUM phase II - DAYprogram with the new
SPEKTRUMstudio + SPEKTRUMresidency, the makerlab and the community program
for 2017 - and of course we will have some time to celebrate another great
year of community activity together.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=5a0530c359&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0f1acd3f81&e=492cc49626>
/ Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=68b81cb7b2&e=492cc49626>
*Tue 13 Dec: MadebyUs Laser Social*

It's the last build session of the year! Come by and help get the Lasersaur
closer to completion, and starting at 9:30pm we can relax at the bar and
celebrate all that we've achieved this year!

Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=21b3f016ab&e=492cc49626>
Tue 13 Dec: movLab presents: Sentire

Start time: 20:00

The movLab community presents *Sentire*, a work exploring how interactive
sound influences human body awareness in all its complexity: for this
reason `sentire` is an open project and welcomes any visitor to
participate. Two artists have been working on it: *Marcello Lussana* took
care of the technology and sound, *Olga Kozmanidze* interacts with the
visitors. The two artists met in September at the movLab meeting and
started to work together.

The device we are using is able to detect proximity and touch between two
people. Every single participant will be connected to the system and s/he
will be able to interact with Olga: depending on distance and touch
different sounds will be changing and be triggered, giving the chance to
perceive your body on a deep level.

Visitors are invited to explore ‘sentire’ during individual session which
lasts 2-10 minutes. No special requirements are needed to participate:
people from any background, any experiences, any age are welcome.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=3a5782f194&e=492cc49626>
/ Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b0789478ae&e=492cc49626>

*Community meetups supported by the Senatskanzlei - Kulturelle
Angelegenheiten Spartenübergreifende Förderung künstlerischer und
kultureller Projekte*
Wed 14 Dec: Atonal Gender: Mad Kate / Danilo Andrés / Shany Birenboim #239

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
Entrance 6-10 euro (up to your offer)

*Atonal gender – a Soundlandscape performance series #2 with:*

   - Mad Kate / alfabus
   - Cherut Shlilit / Shany Birenboim with Innes Forbes and D.R.Y
   - Danilo Andrés / Trauko in Bali
   - Loop machine artist and singer Sarah Paul

Curated by Danilo Andrés

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=98232e18cc&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c996c3979b&e=492cc49626>
[image: Exactitudes of Our Passion - Mad Kate | the Tide Official Video]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4e26ac0856&e=492cc49626>
Exactitudes of Our Passion - Mad Kate | the Tide Official Video
Thu 15 Dec: Big-DADA or Dadacalypse or so #240

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
*Entrance free*

Is DADA still alive? Is DADA a philosophy, a politics, a state religion? Is
DADA actual energy? Or is it nothing, that means everything? (Raoul
Hausmann)

Audiovisual Performance and Lecture (German) by students of European Media
Studies, University of Potsdam and University of Applied Sciences, Potsdam
Curated by Fritz Schlüter
Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=bfebf946c5&e=492cc49626>
//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=0b9727da65&e=492cc49626>
Friday 16 Dec: SCOPE presents: Arielle Esther & Gabriela Prochazka / Susi
Sie
Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00
Entrance 7-12 euro (up to your offer)

{+-} by Arielle Esther & Gabriela Prochazka
The performance {+-} explores the dimension of illusion and reality
dualism, underlying our mental sphere, and invites the audience to
experience space as an object. Whilst the power of sound in the darkness
invites to introspection and mental imagery, the ephemeral light, from
which arises a real visualization of shapes, leads the observer to a brand
new interpretation of his surrounding. Light becomes a guide of shifting
perceptions. Ideas are given, just to be given up again.

Selection of audiovisual pieces, created by Susi Sie
Exploring the physical and mathematical nature of unusual forms, substances
and materials, Susi tries to show the hidden beauty and magic of our
natural world that constantly surrounds us. She films liquids and particles
with detailed precision and creates her video work, using only analog
techniques.

Event presented by SCOPE
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b779365b7c&e=492cc49626>
- curated by Jemma Woolmore.

Read on
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c2b34e7d03&e=492cc49626>
// Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f6b6076e65&e=492cc49626>
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=b07a8135ec&e=492cc49626>
Showreel - Susi Sie

*Due to organizational reasons, we decided to postpone the market to the
next year - edition 2017. In Spektrum we are currently developing our own
MakerLab and building the community around it which will offer in the
edition 2017 a new shape for our Geeky Christmas presents. See you in 2017!*
GEEK WORKSHOPS

*17 & 19 December 2016 at SPEKTRUM*

   - 17 Dec, 14:00 – 19:00: Sound Machine Workshop by AA..LL
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1c9f989bc0&e=492cc49626>
   - 19 Dec, 17:00 – 22:00: Berlin Modular Session #4 The Random*Source
   Warmup
   <http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f9d7d8ea8c&e=492cc49626>
   - 19 Dec, 19:00 – 22:00: Workshop Electro-acoustic sound art production
   for women by Vero Mota

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4c72069aff&e=492cc49626>//
Join on Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=417640f9a7&e=492cc49626>
Saturday 17 Dec: Sound art night with Vero Mota

Doors: 19:30 / Start time: 20:00

*Vero Mota* is a Mexican sound artist better known as Cubop and Espectra
Negra in the creative scene of Berlin. She works as sound designer,
performance art creator, fanzine writer and cultural curator. As sound
artist Verónica Mota is producing sounds and experimental compositions
focusing on surrealism, dream territories and human subconscious. Her sound
compositions play an important role in film as in performance and live
video/sound installations art works. As ritualistic noise producer Espectra
Negra researches Shamanism, The Occult and Paganism. Since 2005 Verónica
Mota does collaborative art works with different artists such as Kiril
Bikov (Bulgaria), Jon Evans (Australia), Lady G (Romania), Annie Stubbs
(UK), John Murphy (Australia), Miriam Wuttke (Germany), Giorgos Efthimiou
(Greece), Miro Mastropasqua (Italy), Jamie Weiss (US), Julien Kafard
(France), Chris Dreier (Germany), among others. Her career has being very
prolific. Including her curatorial works since 2005.

Full details to be announced through http://spektrumberlin.
de/program/events.html
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2d24c30c9f&e=492cc49626>
Sunday 18 Dec: Performance night: stay tuned!

Full details to be announced through http://spektrumberlin.
de/program/events.html
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=a648b369eb&e=492cc49626>

Tue 20 Dec: LC Lab #15 / Smell Lab #16: Smell Games edition

Start time: 19:30

*Smell Lab #16 (front room): *During this session we are going to get our
hands dirty! We will work on the creation of a smell game. First, we will
quickly share some examples (please if you know of any olfactory games
examples bring yours or tell us about it) to later team up in groups. Each
group will focus on a different aspect of the sense of smell (memory,
movement, training, navigation...) and we will start developing our own
games on spot.

*LC Lab #15* (back room) is a place for audio-visual experimentation: a
community where audio and visual artists can meet, create and play new work
together. We welcome musicians, sound artists, video artists, filmmakers,
visual musicians, VJs or any other audio-visual experimenters and offer a
friendly, plug-and-play environment to play and work.

Read more / join on Meetup
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=85dc940dfb&e=492cc49626>

*31 Dec 2016: NON STOP PERFORMANCES running to the New Year*

SIMPLE RULES:

   - 6 hours
   - 18 performances of all kind (sound, body, video, dance, ext)
   - 20 minutes each (count down)
   - 3 tables (1 setting up - 1 setting down - 1 playing)
   - open doors, you can invite all your friends
   - bring food and share with the others (drinks at our bar)

EVERYBODY CAN JOIN but BE FAST to reserve one slot!

Starting at 6pm

Contact us at info at spektrumberlin.de mentioning:

   - Type of perf:
   - tech-rider:
   - links of your work:

*Photo: Brigitte Cavanagh*
*Open Call: DARK SOCIETY*

*Curated by Alfredo Ciannameo*

Dark dimensions are increasing in many levels and becoming more perceivable
proportionally a state of anomy within the complexity of scientific and
technological possibilities opened up in the contemporary Society and
translated in new loops of human-to-machine interaction.

Four exhibitions will be organized by looking at this main concept
articulating different aspects complementary to one artistic question of
obscurity in Science, Body/Identity, Technology and Environment which are
interviewed realities funding our basic interface of Society.

   - *DARK*SCIENCE*: deadline 1 Jan 2017 *Exhibition for Transmediale
   Vorspiel (26 to 29 Jan 2017)
   - *DARK*IDENTITIES*DARK*BODIES*: deadline 20 Feb 2017 - *Exhibition (17
   to 19 March 2017)
   - *DARK*TECHNOLOGIES*DARK*WEB*: deadline 1 April 2017 - *Exhibition (21
   to 23 April 2017)
   - *DARK*HABITATS*DARK*ECOLOGY*: deadline 1 May 2017 - *Exhibition (26 to
   28 May 2017)

Read more
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=7b7625ba85&e=492cc49626>

*SPEKTRUM* is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation, realisation and
exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused events and
futuristic utopias based on the principle "do-it-together-with-others". Above
all, we are an open space promoting participatory processes to co-define
and co-design a social and physical playground for curiosity and critical
understanding.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=75ac33ccd1&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln
[image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2d34da1ffc&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2065fbb9ae&e=492cc49626>
[image: Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=93b4683c4c&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=62b1e8a6b2&e=492cc49626>
[image: Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=c3ce6b1731&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=aa22da716f&e=492cc49626>

SPEKTRUM art | science | community · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 ·
Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>