[resource-net] Community Value - Join us for our next workshop Sept 23-24

Ela Kagel ela at supermarkt-berlin.net
Mon Aug 22 10:42:53 CEST 2016

Dear all,
our second event of the Arts & Commons-Series is calling community managers, artists & creatives working in collectives, and everyone who aims at building more sustainable money cultures within communities:

COMMUNITY VALUE

Two days workshop on money cultures, community currencies and the role of blockchain technologies for creative production & distribution.
Presentations, hands-on exercises, inspiring showcases and a currency lab-game are waiting for you.

FRIDAY, SEPT. 23 - SATURDAY, SEPT 24 at SUPERMARKT Berlin, Mehringplatz 9, 10969 Berlin.
*LIMITED PLACES – BOOKING ESSENTIAL*

5 € a day, 8 € for two days.

Register here: rsvp at supermarkt-berlin.net
Tell us about your project, your motivation and specific questions in advance, so we can prepare the sessions accordingly.

Friday, September 23
11am – 7pm: MONEY DESIGN – Exploring & converting community values

Money cultures, community currencies, models of compensation, financial decision-making, groupfunding and credit. A workshop for people working in groups, collectives and communities and wanting to learn more about how to create a sustainable finance culture among peers. No special knowledge is required! This workshop will be led along three specific community cases: OuiShare, a network for connecting the Colllaborative Economy, Enspiral, a collaborative network that helps people to do meaningful work and the community currency-initiative Spreeblüte from Berlin.

What we want people to walk away with is: A better idea of what their organisations need in terms of fundraising, collaborative financial decisions and investment/ credit culture.

With:
Matthew Slater, community currency engineer, co-founder of Community Forge. More info about Matthew here.
Lenara Verle, artist, researcher with a focus on collaboration & community currencies, founder of Coinspiration. More info about Lenara here.
Francesca Pick, OuiShare connector, writer & speaker interested in how tech can change business, society & human interaction. More info about Francesca here.
Genevieve Parkes, Software developer & member of Enspiral Network.
Leopold Wonneberger, economist and member of the Spreeblüte regional currency network.

Saturday, September 24
10am-6pm: MONEY FLOWS – Blockchains, data & finance for artists and creators

Digital compensation models, web-based distribution of media, and decentralized modes of organization. Become more familiar with emerging financial technologies, such as blockchain, and get a better understanding of its benefits and possibilities – beyond the current hype. This workshop is for those working in the arts and creative sectors and no specific knowledge is required. It is open to anyone who has an interest or is critically engaged in the topic. We’ll also present some interesting showcases, such as Resonate (a collectively owned streaming music service) and IPDB (a interplanetary-scale blockchain database).

Our aim is to have people to walk away with a deeper understanding of these technologies and of they can be utilized individually and collectively.

With:
Jazmina Figueroa, independent researcher interested in decentralised platforms, artist rights, and preservation.
Sven Laepple, founder of Astratum.
Greg McMullen, lawyer, director of the IPDB foundation and Chief Policy Officer for BigchainDB GmbH. More info about Greg here.
Peter Harris, web developer, art director, DJ and founder of Resonate. More info about Peter here.

Please find more info on our Website

Please share the Facebook-eventpage: https://www.facebook.com/events/1756657857924827/

Supported by Regierender Bürgermeister von Berlin, Senatskanzlei, Kulturelle Angelegenheiten/City Tax

___________________________________

Ela Kagel
Managing Partner

SUPERMARKT