[resource-net] hi resource > :|: XLt newsletter :|: CiTiZEN KiNO is back in Btropolis ! ( 09.09 at Spektrum, Berlin )

podinski pod at xlterrestrials.org
Sun Sep 6 21:33:28 CEST 2015

Hello fellow resourcers,

Look forward to reconnecting on Monday, and thought we'd alert you to our
upcoming relaunch of the CiTiZEN KiNO series in Berlin ... THIs WEDS.
Nite... also at the lovely SPEKTRUM... starting at 20:00h.

Below is our not-TOO-lengthy XLterrestrials newsletter, which is now also
online - w/ juicy imagery ! :

http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/?p=14538

It's going to be a wild and provocative ride, and will include a few tales
from our recent research in Califorkya ! :)

See ya soon !

dr.Podinski

fwd>>

Dear arts+praxis friends and organisms,

The XLterrestrials are back in Berlin and we are reloading + relaunching
our CiTiZEN KiNO series - a situational and cinematic engagement for
tactical explorations.

CiTiZEN KINO #45.1: A Heartwarming Rejection Of The Uninhabitable
Technospheres

- a hybrid of film, theater, webs, hacker culture, art happening and
public forum
to analyze + address urgent topics in times of endangered
collective-intelligence and severe environmental disruption !  ( more
about the content below. )

This Weds, Sept. 9th
at Spektrum in Neukoelln.
Bürknerstraße 12,  Berlin
Doors at 19:00h.
Media navigations begin at 20:00h (punctual)
by Donations / Spende

::|::

the frackbook invite
‪https://www.facebook.com/events/513092438859638/‬

::|::

This event marks FIVE years for us developing new media techniques to
analyze and address the environmental, planetary and social challenges
ahead. And while we feel we've come along way in our research, techniques
and productions, we are NOT a business-oriented species, and we'd really
appreciate your support ( financial, and otherwise ) to help us put the
ideas into better and broader action.

We will continue to keep the events LOW-to-NO cost for the public, but we
ask you to consider:

1. How important is it for you to see arts and praxis operating in new
territories with and for YOUR community?
2. How much can I give to make this kind of engaged work continue ?
3. And what resources - in addition to a ticket price or any generous
financial donation – might I have which can contribute to the advancement
of arts + media education and collective-community upgrades in these
precarious and dangerous times ?
4. Do you know that our species, many species and/or the entire planet are
in serious trouble ?

Contact us if you have any questions, suggestions, and/or would like to be
a donor:

pod (at) XLterrestrials (dot) org
or
podska (at) gmail ( dot) com

We hope you will find the time to join us for the event(s) this season !
and Deep Respex !

Paolo Podrescu
aka Podinski

::|::

About:
CiTiZEN KiNO #45.1: A Heartwarming Rejection Of The Uninhabitable
Technospheres

In this episode, we examine the technotopian and anthropocentric delusions
that have landed us in a perilous, unstable and over-mediated environment.
The clock is ticking. Krapitalism is licking at our heels. And rapid
shifts being brought on by technological innovations are digging us deeper
into a nasty vortex of market-mangling realities and corporate capture. Is
there an exit to this spiralling crisis of civilzation ?! We ask, we
provoke, we detourn, we collectively engage !

We've just returned after a year of deep-fried and traumatizing ;)
research in CALIFORKYA - Land of Technopoly Money + Dysneytopia Uber-Alles
! This is clearly a No Picnic Zone for diverse humans and other living
species. And Oh Boy, have we got tales to tell !

We also include a report back from Chaos Communications Camp, the world's
largest convergence of hackers in the semi-wild outskirts of the
usual-urban configurations. And we ask where is the tech sector resistance
in relation to all the earth-bound species now in the claws of the
"disembodied and unsustainable agendas".  Could a convergence in the woods
every 2 years to strategize new social and technical operating systems, be
enough to re-calibrate humans to their realworld, vegetational and
species' habitats?
 Every 2 weeks ?! ;)

And of course, we have some astounding media we want to watch together
with you, and see how you will react and respond !

::|::

About C-KINO:

C-KiNO events are a hybrid of film, internet, theater, hacker culture, art
happening and public forum. Each program is an interactive and tactical
media performance, a live multi-dimensional cinema with co-curated
screenings at its core. This is an ongoing series presented once-a-month
at various venues, with the goal of planting a new “open-source” media
platform to utilize a/v media materials with a passionate desire ( and
urgency ) to upgrade community + collective intelligence in these
predatory times.

For the last 5 years, C-KINO ( mostly based in Berlin ) has been exploring
new routes in media education, and working extensively with the genre of
expanded or live cinema. But our techniques are less about the film arts
and more about navigating a new community media communications which
encourages a public re-embodiment of information, as opposed to passive
downloads, cubicle-ized culture and spectacle/entertainment forms.

::|::

LINKS:

Spektrum:
http://spektrumberlin.de/events/detail/screening-night-31-citizen-kino-451.html

XLterrestrials arts+praxis blog:
http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/

CiTiZEN KiNO In Btropolis on Frackbook...
Subscribe ! :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1584253045130391/

::|::

www.xlterrestrials.org/plog