[resource-net] Disruption Network Lab goes live April 17-18

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Tue Mar 24 13:04:53 CET 2015

Dear all,

it is our pleasure to announce the official start of the Disruption
Network Lab!
The Disruption Network Lab is an ongoing platform of events and research
focused on art, hacktivism and disruption. The Laboratory takes shape
through a series of conference events at Studio 1, Kunstquartier
Bethanien in Berlin, planned for the whole year, in cooperation with
Kunstraum Kreuzberg /Bethanien (events are funded by Hauptstadtkulturfonds).

I am also really proud to announce a wonderful team: together with me
are working Daniela Silvestrin as Project Manager & Curator, and Kim
Voss in the production and social media communication.

The opening event will happen on April 17-18, with the title DRONES:
EYES FROM A DISTANCE. On Drone-Systems and their Strategies.
You will meet a former U.S. drone operator, investigative journalists,
activists, filmmakers and international experts on drone warfare.
More info are here: http://www.disruptionlab.org/drones

Focus of the Disruption Network Lab's series of events are media
practices at the border of hacking, art and activism covering a wide
spectrum of contemporary political, cultural and economical issues,
where the use of technology is central, but it becomes also a mean to
redefine criticism: from the use of drones in political conflicts, to
the emergence of social media practices shaping our everyday life
causing critical consequence on our privacy; from the critical
reflection on identity and sexuality in biopolitical systems and online
platforms, to the upcoming frontiers of bio-hacking; from the practice
of whistleblowing as a way of exposing misconducts in political systems,
to the tactic of disruption of corporations' logic, to reveals bugs of
economical and business processes from within. Following events will
happen until December 2015.

Stay tuned on: http://www.disruptionlab.org
and please join our Newsletter at http://www.disruptionlab.org/about/

All the best from the Disruption Network Lab Team!

See you later today,

Tatiana Bazzichelli
Daniela Silvestrin
Kim Voss

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // artistic director & curator //
http://disruptionlab.org