[resource-net] Liebig12 @ Vorspiel 2015 Update + 03.02 Film Screening

liebig zwoelfe liebigzwoelfe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:01:05 CET 2015

Dear everyone!
Vorspiel 2015 is running & I hope you all are enjoying it.

Quick Update:

*Today* is the last day to visit

*UNTITLED (12 SECTIONS FOR DF)*
*Jamie Drouin*’s sound installation uses two identical high frequency sine
tones in the left & right speakers with variable oscillation rates to
create twelve distinct sculptural ‘shapes’ through their shifting
relationship.
The combination of high frequencies, and relatively low overall volume,
places these shapes just on the edge of perception. Even during passages of
complete silence the latent effect of the pitches still colour the
listening experience.
*OPEN 5 to 9pm*

*Upcoming Acts:*

*17 - 18.01.2015WORKSHOP#1: CAPTURE YOUR MUSCLES *
with* Pedro Lopes*

How do we feel when controlled by machines?
Reversing the traditional concept of humans on top of machines, we will
experience the loss of control, the feeling of being captured.
For such, we will build simple electrical muscle stimulation units using
open source electronics and connect them to our ideas: musical
performances, interactive devices, or to support a pure living machine.
Your choice.

Sat 17
11am – 7pm building hardware & developing ideas (break for lunch,
decompression, etc) If participants feel they need more assistance we can
stay later than 9pm.

Sun 18
11am – 5pm developing performances (break for lunch, decompression)
Sunday 18, 7pm : public presentations / performances

////////////////////////

*20.01.2014 // from 7pmPHANTOM SUNS*
Performance/Installation by
*Doron Sadja*Inspired by the optical phenomenon in which two false suns
appear due to ice crystals in the atmosphere, Phantom Suns is a performance
installation engaging the ephemerality and sensuality of light/sound
through systems of refraction and interaction.

Immersed in a completely enveloping landscape, the audience is invited to
move freely through a heavy fog punctuated by a shimmering architecture of
light beams and fractured noise. Phantom Suns contains pulsating and
stroboscopic light and is not recommended for people with light
sensitivities.

////////////////////////
*22 – 25. 01.2014 // Opening 22.01.2014 // 8pm*

*SPHERES OF ACTION*
Site Specific Installation by *Jana Linke*
Following days open 3 – 7 pm

////////////////////////

*NOT ATOLL* is a series of performances / workshops / installations curated
by Liebig12 for Vorspiel 2015 promoted by transmediale and CTM.

A wordplay between german and english words / meanings / spelling.
A Misunderstanding.
An interactive field of intuitions.
A vanishing answer to Capture All Systems.
The Need / Urge for it (and its Negation)

/////////////////////

*03.02.2015 // 8pm *

*FILM SCREENING *
Curated and presented by Matthias Reichelt at Liebig12

*SHOAH and PIN-UPS. The NO!-Artist Boris Lurie*
a documentary film realized by Reinhild Dettmer-Finke in collaboration with
Matthias Reichelt
88 Min., dv cam, Dolby srd, 2006

*SHOAH and PIN-UPS* is a film about breaking taboos, presenting works and
statements of* NO!-Artist Boris Lurie.*
more under: www.borislurie-derfilm.de
<http://www.borislurie-derfilm.de/synopsis.html>

*TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS MAILINGLIST JUST REPLY: "REMOVE ME"*

--
Liebig12
Liebigstrasse 12