[resource-net] SPEKTRUMberlin: Transitory fluorescent space (installation preview)

Lieke Ploeger liekeploeger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 23:20:54 CEST 2014

         View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=1cab6397ef&e=492cc49626>

*Preview Opening  *Please join us on Thursday 2 October for an informal
evening, on which we open the doors of our space in progress
SPEKTRUMberlin, and show you the site-specific light installation by
Alfredo Ciannameo from the inside.
>From 20.00 onwards you are invited to have a walk around and see the
installation.

*Ionesis_ transitory fluorescent space  *A multi-channel composition
generated live by a software is displaying a synchronisation of a stream of
high-voltage into 15 fluorescent tubes by means of music for the eyes.
Flickering and pulsing is the language of the light which is used in this
piece, offering a sense of transitority of the space which is undergoing
modifications every week.

The installation is running every evening between sunset and midnight at
Bürknerstr 12 (U8 Schönleinstrasse).

*watch the video here
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=740a5c0d3e&e=492cc49626>
*

*SPEKTRUMberlin  *is a project space in Neukölln for idealisation,
realisation and exhibition of technology-based artworks, media-focused
events and futuristic utopias based on the principle
"do-it-yourself-together-with-others".

The venue is part of a monumental building realised by Franz Hoffmann and
Bruno Taut, one of the main expressionist architects of the modernist
period. We are currently in the process of a radical reconstruction and
revisitation of the architectural state of the place, which is why we want
to open this process to the public and invite everyone to follow what is
happening in the space.

Alfredo Ciannameo & Lieke Ploeger

www.spektrumberlin.de
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=2558ce355a&e=492cc49626>
info at spektrumberlin.de

Bürknerstr 12
12047 Berlin - Neukölln

                [image: Facebook]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=f0dfa81319&e=492cc49626>
Facebook
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=95d79f69d1&e=492cc49626>
   [image:
Twitter]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=539d3a5f40&e=492cc49626>
Twitter
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=061cbbe33f&e=492cc49626>
   [image:
Website]
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=4b4dfcbad3&e=492cc49626>
Website
<http://spektrumberlin.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&id=d5ce8bc953&e=492cc49626>

   SPEKTRUMberlin · Bürknerstraße 12 · Berlin 12047 · Germany

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=29418c689739de9e668a7d5e8&afl=1>