[resource-net] AGENDA: reSource-net meeting Oct 27th, 7pm @Panke

podinski pod at xlterrestrials.org
Sun Oct 26 21:20:54 CET 2014

Hi all,

If i wanted to be really snarky, i would call it:
The Festival Of Local Artists and Venues With Zero Budget Allotted

But i'll try to be more constructive than that.

Unfortunately, i'm still on tour (and building new resources and alliances
) will not be able to attend the meeting... But would suggest a few things
to think about, that i hope can be useful.

1. The timing and placing of the festival.

The dates in january are probably the worst calendar dates of the year to
get an audience, especially if you are hoping to attract people involved
in the Transmediale community. The idea of a 'Nachspiel' could possibly
make more sense. ( But also beware of pitting ourselves against the
Berlinale time in Feb. ) OR, actually looking into more of an extended
series of reSource events which are spread out through the year,
quarterly?, and perhaps broken up into Districts, so that events happening
though say a weekend or week, are all closer together, and can be viewed
and visited in one dose. More like a gallery walk event.

2. Financial Support

Last year, someone leaked the Transmediale Budget. It was not very
scandalous. no one's walking away w/ the loot in their pockets, and in
fact extremely dedicated people are not payed much for an incredible
mountain of hard work ! But what is scandalous is that the city, the
region/state (Bundestaat), and the country does not allot MORE money to
Germany's most important arts+tech festival ( like say Ars Electronica in
Austria ).

One idea might be for artists and curators, and w/ some advisory
assistance from Transmediale, work together to formulate a proposal to
receive additonal funding for this reSource initiative. With the
prestigious Transmediale as a collaborating ( 'umbrella') partner, this
would have enormous weight, to a city that is clearly interested in
boosting its arts+tech culture, infrastructures and profile.

Ok, this is tedious work, i'm sure. And galleries and artists are way
overtaxed timewise already. ( Maybe some skilled grantwriters could be
hired as 'sharpshooters', who are paid by being given a fair percentage of
what they are able to draw in ). ??

Also state funding IS very limited, so one might also consider approaching
well-financed institutions to lend support as well. Things like
Frauenhofer Inst, the Uni systems and Art schools, etc. ?? And even the
cultural orgs of countries of origin for the various participating
artists. But don't let them colonize us ;)

3. have fun, but be tactical! civilization is in deep shit ! ;)

missing you all!
and kick some collective community ass !
:)

pod

www.xlterrestrials.org/plog
arts + praxis organisms

p.s. ok, i can't resist taking a stab at a name.

something to do with reverberations.... and localization...

Heimische Nachhall

?

Heimische reSource

?