[resource-net] dear reSourcers > 24.04 : : CiTiZEN KiNO #37 : : X-Filet at Panke, Berlin ( and May 3rd in Leipzig )

podinski pod at xlterrestrials.org
Thu Apr 24 02:18:09 CEST 2014

Dear Arts and Praxis CiTiZENS and friends of Community Media

We invite you to another round of CiTiZEN KiNO - an interactive cinematic
hacking + live performance + public forum at Panke, Berlin THIS
THURSDAY...

And in Leipzig on May 3rd at the NEW Autodidaktischen Initiative space !

<24.04> CiTiZEN KiNO#37 : X-Filet at Panke, Berlin, 21:00h
Gerichtstr.23 – Berlin
title: CiTiZEN KiNO #35
admission: 3 – 5 euros - or more
http://www.pankeculture.com/category/type/film/

<03.05> CiTiZEN KiNO#37 : X-Filet at Der Autodidaktischen Initiative,
Leipzig, 20:00h
eintritt: spende
http://adi-leipzig.net/

All films in eng or w/ eng subtitles.
Discussion primarily in eng ( de, and other languages welcome )

For more details on venue locations please follow the links here:

http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/?p=12318

And you can follow - and particpate - in the development of themes being
presented there as well. Including a "pirate pad" where you can suggest
media clips and participate in discussions prior to the event.

Hope you can join us in the engaged + embodied time and space !

And plz help spread the word !

dr.Podinski

0----O----o
www.xlterrestrials.org/plog
arts + praxis organisms
o-----O------0

twitter: @podinski

A Few Notes On Citizen Kino #37:

We have absorbed an incredible amount of information, some inspiring and
very personal experiences in Poland, researching the tactical arts and
music scenes there ( including learning about the lifelong resistance of
Marek Edelman 1919-2009 ) and many new ideas in the last month, and we'll
attempt a new approach with mixing the media in this episode.

We recently participated in a conference put on by Berliner Gazette called
Komplizen ( Accomplices, part 2 ) at Supermarkt in Berlin, which has
helped us refine our concepts for "communalizing the news" and working w/
digital media in new ways which, at times, acts in opposition to the logic
of cybernetics, the digital migration and the so-called information age.

And many incredible media inputs we'll be sharing exceprts from:

- 1971 the film ( about the citizen's commission ot investigate the FBI )

- "Come back. A story we wrote together" about Enric Duran - the guerilla
banker" - and the social movements in Spain.

- Michael C. Ruppert's doc for VICE: Apocalpse, Man ( 2013 )

- Fascism Inc. ( the new film from the makers of Catasroika )

- The Gospel According to St Derek ( new doc on Derek Jarman, who died 20
years ago this week )

- Die Gstettensaga: The Rise of Echsenfriedl (2014) by Monochrom

- And too many strange and inspiring shorts to list here...

- Plus the extraordinary book "Empire of Illusion" by Chris Hedges (2009),
a "society of the spectacle" - like vivesection of a cultural cul de sac
from the former NY Times war journalist w/ a spiritually sharpened twist.

end.