[resource-net] Next reSource Meeting 29 April 6.30PM at Art Laboratory Berlin (also agenda)

cdelutz at artlaboratory-berlin.org cdelutz at artlaboratory-berlin.org
Wed Apr 23 16:30:55 CEST 2014

Art Laboratory Berlinwould like to invite you to the next
monthly reSource meeting on Tuesday April 29th at 6.30PM.
(@Prinzenallee 34  near Ubhf Pankstr and Osloerstr; SBhf
Bornholmerstr; M27)

For those of you who haven't been to any
meetings before: The monthly meetings
began in Summer 2012, and present participants (artists, curators or anyone
interested in the nexus of  technology,
media and  culture) a chance to meet,
discuss and organise. The meetings are based on the premise of building a community related to 'technology
based arts' (in the broader sense) in Berlin. Visitors from outside Berlinare welcome as well.

Agenda:

1.
Short intro to Art Laboratory Berlinand our current programme

2. A brief summary of the 'reSource
network' and it's history and participant introductions

3.How should reSource develop over the next
year:

NEEDS
GAPS   DESIRES
( I have added some suggestions that have
been sent to me by other participants)
 	* What NEEDS do participants (technology oriented artists, curators, and other) have that reSource can act upon? (among suggestions: actors with ideas but no space; combined fundraising, PR, etc)

	* What glaring GAPS are there in the Berlinscene?(among suggestions:  deeper engagements in the social challenges we are facing to 1. survive, and survive as artists 2. be prepared for dealing w/ looming crises situations 3. AND change the operating systems that are driving the crises and unsustainability factors)

	* What do you DESIRE from reSource(ie what potential could it realise?) (among suggestions:  pioneer + experiment w/ alternative local-scale community forms; open up a channel + meeting space - a working group - which is seriously engaged w/ activist + "tactical arts"territory...)

4.
What are some potential roles for the reSource mailing list and the
TBABerlin.de* website. For example, there could be a magazine section on the
website. Should they be curated/edited?

* For
those interested there will be a meeting of the TBA working group at ALB at 5PM(before the general
meeting). See below

5.We would like to introduce content/ forum section of the meeting (and suggest
including one in future meetings?). Here we would discuss a theme.

Our topic this month:  'Curating Life Forms'  Bioarts, New Media
and Berlindealing with both the
problematics of bioarts and the relative lack of this genre in Berlin. We will
start with a brief introduction by Desiree Foester and Christian de Lutz and
open the talk up to the participants of the meeting
---------------------------------

Agenda for the TBABerlin.de working group
meeting at 5PM

The meeting will start with a short
introduction of the project for any newcomers. Then we will

1. focus on ideas for extending website
content - possibly a magazine with 'editors' or curators' inviting writers in
addition to (but not replacing) the current open form.
2. work on developing ideas for promoting the
website to a larger public.
3. outside ideas are most welcome.

Christian de Lutz
ARTLABORATORYBERLIN