[resource-net] reSource meetup

Sebastian Feller sebi.feller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:55:42 CEST 2013

Hi Everybody,

the WYE would like to propose the following idea for the next reSource meetup:

"Art Discourse in the Digital Age"

Parameters of how Art is seen, shared, discussed and archived have changed rapidly in the course of the last decade. As virtual audiences online swell to provide an unprecedented girth of eyes, brick/mortar spaces and print publications are being reconfigured to keep relevant in Contemporary Art.
Coverage by veteran critics with sway culminated over long careers gaining strongholds in traditional sources under echelons of editors, advertisers and media moguls is now juxtaposed with the unbridled words and power of the internet to disseminate content.
Means of archiving an artwork or exhibit for prosperity has expanded from circulations of traditional news coverage, photographs, slides to files, video and global viral mediums.
Discourse about art has expended in form, function and voices.
For the November reSource meeting, The WYE would like to gather a panel of local and international Art critics and bloggers during Cyberfest to explore the past, present and future of covering culture. This proposed panel would be followed by an open, earnest, face to face discussion between the critics, bloggers and audience (ie: reSource community).

The idea of this proposal is to create a respectful, professional environment where the reSource community actively discuss the impact traditional and virtual dialogue have on and in Art. We are hoping the general discussion can lead to conversation about Berlin's Art/Tech community role in producing and being featured in traditional and virtual press outlets - as this is what reSource members may have truly unique, first hand insight into. We'd be thrilled to organize and host the reSource community in this conversation with those covering the subject of Art. We're open to reSource Critic/blogger members (or Berlin based suggestions from the reSource community) to include for this panel.

If this idea is embraced / is of interest to the reSource community, we'd ask selected panelists immediately to participate and release their names once confirmed (by Oct 15, 2013).
Proposed next meeting for reSource:
"Art Discourse in the Digital Age"
An open discussion between Bloggers / Critics and their Audience
Sunday, November 17 from noon – 2pm
@ The WYE (www.thewye.de)
Skalitzer Straße 86 D-10997 Berlin

Please feel free to direct offers/suggestions for local panelists or questions to Sebastian Feller member at thewye.de