[resource-net] FINALE URBAN KNIGHTS, BERLIN 2013: Tue 12 Nov @ BetaHaus & Studio Weise7

Teresa Dillon teresa.dillon at polarproduce.org
Fri Nov 8 11:44:37 CET 2013

Dear Resource,

Below invite to the closing of this years Urban Knights programme in
Berlin.
Looking forward to seeing you there,

Best, Teresa

++++

URBAN KNIGHTS: UNPLESANT DESIGN WORKSHOP
with Selena Savić & Nikola Korać

Studio Weise7, Tue 12, Nov, 11-16.00
Weisestraße 7, U8 Boddinstraße, Neukölln 12049 Berlin
Cost: €20
Requirements: No special tech or kit required. All materials provided.

FULL DETAILS & BOOKING: http://weise7.org/urbanknights

Unpleasant Design is a phenomenon in which social control is inherent in
the design of objects and spaces. Park benches with a central armrest where
one cannot sleep, blue light in public toilets which makes intravenous
injection impossible, are just a few common features we regularly encounter
in public spaces. In recent years, unpleasant design has become a global
fashion with many examples to be found across cities worldwide.

During the Unpleasant Design workshop, participants use persuasive and
coercive design techniques to invent a design which targets a specific
group, behavior or product. Particular attention will be paid to
technologies, which enable discrimination and the role of pervasive
technology in urban spaces. Participants will actively explore this change
through the application of unpleasant design.

MORE ABOUT UNPLEASANT DESIGN:

http://unpleasant-design.pravi.me/
&
http://we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/2013/04/unpleasant-design.php

++++

FINALE URBAN KNIGHTS, BERLIN 2013
BetaHaus, Tue 12 Nov, 19-21.00
Prinzessinnenstr. 19-20, U8 Moritzplatz 10969, Berlin
Cost: Free

FULL DETAILS & BOOKING: eventbrite.ie/event/8223479649

Join us for the closing event of this years Urban Knights, Berlin 2013.

Urban Knights is a programme of events, which provokes and promotes
practical approaches to urban change. Acting as a platform for awareness,
exchange and dissemination, urban knights, change agents and citizens
present their civic interventions, projects and programmes.

Speakers include:

Selena Savic [CH/SRB]
Artist & author of Unpleasant Design provide case studies of the ‘silent
agents’ at work in cities, which take care of our behavior without the
explicit presence of authorities

Julian Gröger [DE]
Environmental activist and campaigner for BürgerEnergie Berlin eG
discusses the outcomes of the recent campaign for Berlin to buy back its
energy grid from its current commercial holders Vattenfall

Joel Dullroy [DE]
Founder of Freelancers Rights Movement & Deskwanted examines how the
changing nature of how we work is reshaping the city and our work-life
needs

Further info:
www.urbanknights.org
Twitter: @TeresaHacks