[resource-net] John Wild

John Wild jw at transmediale.de
Fri May 31 16:01:58 CEST 2013

Hi reSources network,

Just a quick note to introduce myself before Mondays meeting.

My name in John Wild and I?m a phd student at Queen Mary, University
of London.  I will be working on a research project with Transmediale
until mid September.

My own research interests involve exploring the use of mobile phones?
Audio and GPS functions to explore geospatial sound placement with a
particular interest in the possibilities of creating hauntological,
psychogeographical, or subversive audio works by overlaying physical
spaces with new meaning. Buildings previously out of bounds to artists
can become the site of a sonic intervention. Military installations,
churches and cathedrals, headquarters of multinational corporations,
sites of historic traumas, alternative ?Muzak? compositions for
shopping malls, underground rivers, relationships between financial
institutions, sites of gentrification and resistance or simply
personal moment in the city could be mapped to create site-specific
sonic manifestations. It would be great to hear from any one
interested in these themes.

More relevant to the reSource meeting I have being discussing with
Tatiana the possibility of creating a reSource phone app mapping the
locations of the reSource network venues with some information about
each space and possibly including audio. I would be interested to know
whether this would be a useful way of raising the profile of the
spaces and enabling those new to the city to find and access your
varied programs.

Look forward to meeting you all on Monday.

John Wild

--
John Wild [ http://johnwild.info ] // reSource
reSource transmedial culture berlin // http://www.transmediale.de/resource

transmediale | festival for art and digital culture berlin
Klosterstr. 68 10179 Berlin, Germany | fon +49 30 24749 761 | fax +49
http://www.transmediale.de // http://twitter.com/transmediale
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Heller | Geschäftsführer Moritz van Dülmen