[resource-net] Working group: Internet Platform meeting Tuesday 15 Jan. at 6PM

podinski pod at xlterrestrials.org
Tue Jan 15 14:21:53 CET 2013

Hi Chris et al,

Things are super busy, but i'm going to try and be there... may need to
leave a bit early though.

here's a few quick initial notes i made, after the last supermarket
meeting...

AND Thx Tatiana for that post many days ago , for your analytic
perspective and attempts to clarify and sum up, we missed you at that last
meeting !
... haven't had time to think about and comment more on that, but look
forward to the upcoming meeting at LEAP to discuss more...

see ya !

Paolo

Notes on web platform:

- naming that might take a little time, but no reason not to have a
functioning prototype ... we can always re-visit.... personally do think
names are very important, words have a lot of power to push a concept and
intentions forwrd. ( and well, clever brands tend to have longer livespans
)

- in san francisco, the old indymedia - indybay.org website has a
fantastic calendar page where people are empowered enter in their own
events ( it requires almost no moderation, though i'm not sure how
blocking or editing process is done, when necessary )
: http://www.indybay.org/calendar/?page_id=12
this is a decade old design, sure it could be made to look better.

- also something like the online ( + monthly print booklet ) Stressfaktor
is a very practical communications medium for activism in berlin, perhaps
it's useful to look at for ideas : http://stressfaktor.squat.net/