[resource-net] next resource network meeting

Ela Kagel ela at supermarkt-berlin.net
Fri Feb 22 11:39:19 CET 2013

Hi Tatiana,
thanks for sharing your thoughts on the focus of the presentations.
I do agree that it is important to frame the future meetings in a way that is consistent with the initial goals of the reSource network (creating synergies for media art spaces and curators in Berlin). I wouldn't mind labelling these events as Presentations by Technology Based Art Spaces and Curators in Berlin - knowing that the lines between different practices and their definitions are always blurry. Personally, I would also be interested in challenging the term "curator" in that context, as I feel it doesn't reflect the actual cultural practice, where people see themselves as producers, activists, organisers etc., both taking care of their community and their own work, too. In your mail, you brought the term back to its latin origins, which I think is a great starting point.
Would be really interesting to have a future meeting based on the various practices within technology & art and hearing about the different professional self-concepts.
All the best
Ela

p.s. Please everyone give us your preference for the Open Presentation Evening here: http://www.doodle.com/cscgswsdehvvgkqd, thank you!

Ela Kagel