[resource-net] reSource @ PLATOON KUNSTHALLE

Marcello Dato marcello at platoon.org
Tue Nov 20 18:29:46 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

here is our proposal for reSource 03.
basically we will introduce our new space, the network, our artist lab
programme and two installations made by our artist in residence.
It will bring together members of the PLATOON Network  - artists,
technologists, digital activists, actors of media culture,
representatives of other cultural spaces and reSource visitors.

here is a brief intro:

PLATOON KUNSTHALLE - an urban culture incubator

PLATOON KUNSTHALLE Berlin opened itʼs doors in July 2012. PLATOON´s
programmatic
orientation towards cultural movements beneath the radar, creates a
dynamic space where
new ideas are born and presented. PLATOON KUNSTHALLE is a place for
inspiration and courage, we present creative projects
that are not supported within the framework of traditional art spaces.

The PLATOON network is composed of members who come together to form
an extensive offline
and online platform. It is here that creatives from different areas
from all around the globe
share insights and ideas, present themselves and their projects to a
community of
likeminded, and form interactive squads for working on assignments
together.

The PLATOON Network is not limited to location or artistic areas.
We encourage communities to exchange ideas. inspirations and work
together. We provide
the space and create the platform to provoke interaction between
cultural players and movements.

PLATOON focuses on political, social and cultural issues of the
digital age, connecting
subcultures and inviting creatives of different backgrounds to explore
several aspects of digital culture.
During the ReSource session we will address the importance of having
networks and digital communities drawn back into
the offline world.

The event will include a presentation about the PLATOON Network and
launch of the projects produced
by PLATOON KUNSTHALLE Artists in Residence - Artist Lab Programme.

Saturday 26 Jan, 2013

18:00 – PLATOON Network Presentation & Exhibition opening
18:30 -  Artist Lab programme presentation
19:00 – Presentation of Artists in Residence projects :
Launch of installation „Forces between particles“ by Tikul
(large scale projection on the PLATOON KUNSTHALLE window facade)
Installation "Digital Fragments" by Stefanie Greimel and visuals arts
collective Elektropastete. (mainhall)

looking forward to see you here next year ;)
and come to visit us anytime you happen to be in the area.

all the best
Marcello

—

MARCELLO DATO