[resource-net] reSource 003: P2P Vorspiel - Proposal NK

Erika . erika at ore.lt
Tue Nov 20 23:40:46 CET 2012

Hello everybody,

I hope everybody is doing well,
Panke program for the *Vorspiel* Jan 25th - 26th:

25.01.2013 | 18:00  "*Fingerdrumming Workshop with Comfort Fit*"

www.tokyodawn.net/comfortfit

• Basic techniques for creating your individual MIDI-Mapping which meets
your demands and musical genre
• General overview about different playing styles which emulate a real
drummer
• Serial (monophonic) Drumming
• Parallel (polyphonic) Drumming
• Single-handed vs. Double-Handed Drumming
• Slice Re-Arrangement (Jeremy calls it "Row-Play")
• Triggering additional samples and loops with the rest of the drum-kit>
Playing a whole song on 16 Pads (...the "Araab" way of doing it...)
• Advanced Sample-Layering techniques to spice up your Drum-Kits and help
to keep timing WITHOUT using a metronome
• Flams/Rolls using both hands
• Paradiddle-Exercises (Single/Double/Triple)
• Playing scales on a 16 Pad Controller (major/minor/pentatonic). Some
people, including me, find it easier than playing scales on a
piano-keyboard...
• Finger-Fitness
• Ergonomics of the human hand
• Exercises for stretching your fingers, increasing the power of your hands
and individual fingers, developing finger independence, wiring your left-
and right brain hemipsheres together

+++++Moreover, the workshop contains inspirational tips and tricks to
enhance your music production skills. It will alter the way you think about
arranging a song and puts the human factor finally back into the spotlight.
Once you've internalized the basic patterns and corresponding
finger-settings it will be a breeze for you to record rhythms in ANY time
signature into the sequencer of your choice, saving you lots of time to
care for other important things like e.g. meeting your friends in the park
to enjoy sunshine.

Requirements

• Basic knowledge of using a DAW and basic experince in Sample-Programming
• Basic knowledge of playing a traditional instrument (Piano/Guitar/Drums)
is advantageous but NOT NECESSARY.
• own Notebook (>>and Pad-Controller<< we have to check this)
• "Ableton Live light"

Duration& Conditions
• 2 hours
• Location: Panke eV. / Wedding

After Workshop 22:00 "*Support Your Local Ghetto*" with special guest: tba

26.01.2013 20:00 "*Scope session*"

The SCOPE SESSIONS are a meeting point for the creative and the curious, a
platform for sharing and learning in an informal setting. Guest artists are
invited to present a project, a concept, a process or an experience. The
talks and presentations are short, around 40 minutes and unrestricted in
form.

Scope Sessions are about exposure, not for the artist, but for the
audience. Each session offers a variety of topics and approaches.
Our focus is on intermedia arts and technologies, but we love to be
surprised..! Watch our Scope talks on vimeo.com/scopesessions!

For transmediale Vorspiel we combine an introductory talk followed by a
live performance and experimental video art showcase.
For program and info please check * *www.scopesessions.org

LG

Erika Siekstelyte
Panke e.V.